Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problems with charset

Problems with charset 4 years 4 months ago #60151

  • steven8000
  • steven8000's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 16
  • Karma: 0
Version 1.90+
Windows 2003 server SP1
SQL 2005
Collation database: Latin1_General_CI_AS

Hey,

I have problems with the charset in some languages. After installing een upgrade from version 1.87 to 1.90, i have still the same problems.

I use an own created template, but with the standard templates i have it also.

When i view a test in IE of FF, i get this:



As you can see, the charset of the page is UTF-8.
When I place the charset within to "Western (iso-8859-1) the body is placed correctly but the language dropdown not.



After some search on the internet, i found out that the charset for Czech, not UTF-8 or iso-8859-1 is but iso-8859-2.
The language vile cs.po is configured for UTF-8.
I changed it to iso-8859-2 but this was not a sollution. (And i can't change it to iso-8859-1)

The template is set to utf-8, but the standard templates also.

Do you have any idea how i can resolve this?
Can it be something with the sql db?

With regards,

Steven

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problems with charset 4 years 4 months ago #60196

  • steven8000
  • steven8000's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 16
  • Karma: 0
anyone an idea?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problems with charset 4 years 4 months ago #60261

  • steven8000
  • steven8000's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 16
  • Karma: 0
Can someone help me please?

Extra info. The survey is uploaded with a csv.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problems with charset 4 years 3 months ago #60510

  • jquinter
  • jquinter's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Lemon
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: 0
Hello. Recently I've faced the same problem. What I managed to fix it, was to modify the file language.php, such that every time a label was loaded in order to generate the page, the label was parsed looking for chars in non-standard sets.

Modify: classes/core/language.php
Locate: the function gT, in particular, a good place is after this line
$basestring=str_replace('‘','\'',$this->gettextclass->translate($string));
ADD:
$basestring = utf8_decode($basestring);

If you need more detail:

BEFORE
function gT($string, $escapemode = 'html')
{
if ($this->gettextclass)
{
$basestring=str_replace('‘','\'',$this->gettextclass->translate($string));
switch ($escapemode)
{
case 'html':
return html_escape($basestring);
break;
case 'js':
return javascript_escape($basestring);
break;
case 'unescaped':
return $basestring;
break;
default:
return "Unsupported EscapeMode in gT method";
break;
}
} else {
...

AFTER
function gT($string, $escapemode = 'html')
{
if ($this->gettextclass)
{
$basestring=str_replace('‘','\'',$this->gettextclass->translate($string));
$basestring = utf8_decode($basestring);
switch ($escapemode)
{
case 'html':
return html_escape($basestring);
break;
case 'js':
return javascript_escape($basestring);
break;
case 'unescaped':
return $basestring;
break;
default:
return "Unsupported EscapeMode in gT method";
break;
}
} else {
...
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds