Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Simply not create DB entry until completed survey submitted.

Simply not create DB entry until completed survey submitted. 4 years 4 months ago #59884

• nobrain
  • Fresh Lemon
I know this may seem strange but I need a particular feature which I figure must me somewhere in LimeSurvey. It is simply this -- to NOT create a DB entry (in the survey table) until a survey is successfully completed.

I have the save option off but I notice even if a survey is submitted with only the most basic information (with much *REQUIRED data missing) it still creates a "incomplete" entry in LimeSurvey. Is there a way to shut-off storage of incomplete surveys? I have an external program that accesses the LS database and does stuff with new entries but partial entries are throwing it off.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Simply not create DB entry until completed survey submitted. 4 years 4 months ago #59897

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1049
I don't think that's possible.

LimeSurvey needs to create a submit ID and store the data from the start of a submission to handle things like conditions, {INSERTANS}, assessments, etc.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds