Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Record responses to survey with user passed variable in URL

Record responses to survey with user passed variable in URL 4 years 6 months ago #57693

• rptgeek
  • Fresh Lemon
I've been searching but can't seem to find if this is possible. I was thinking about using tokens but wanted to see if there was any better way to do this.

Basically, we would like to give out a link with a unique ID imbeded within the URL.

If someone clicks on the link and fills out the survey I would like the unique ID saved as part of the survey.

Maybe tokens are the way to go, but I expect a pretty low response rate and didn't know if having 50K-75K tokens not being used in the database would slow things down?

Any ideas?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Record responses to survey with user passed variable in URL 4 years 6 months ago #57712

• DenisChenu
  • Moderator Lime
  • Thank you received: 1024
rptgeek wrote:
Maybe tokens are the way to go, but I expect a pretty low response rate and didn't know if having 50K-75K tokens not being used in the database would slow things down?

Any ideas?
I think it's goood, it's only a SELECT sql statment, no complicated SQL .

But it can depend of your server.

Record responses to survey with user passed variable in URL 4 years 6 months ago #57728

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1049
You can prefill a question using the URL - docs.limesurvey.org/Workarounds%3A+Surve...using_the_survey_URL.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rptgeek

Record responses to survey with user passed variable in URL 4 years 6 months ago #57760

• rptgeek
  • Fresh Lemon
Excellent! this is just what I was looking for. Thank you! Rep'd
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 5.082 seconds