Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Popup invite on website for 10% of users?

Popup invite on website for 10% of users? 3 years 2 months ago #56816

How can I create a popup invite on my website to direct users to my limesurvey surveys? Is this possible with Limesurvey or do I need another tool?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Popup invite on website for 10% of users? 3 years 2 months ago #56817

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
Limesurvey is the tool to create the questionnaire. For opening a popup for recruitment purposes you will need some javascript.

I am not an expert, but those scripts should be found online. You need to generate random numbers from 1-10 and for one of the numbers you trigger the popup to open.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Popup invite on website for 10% of users? 3 years 2 months ago #56818

Thanks, I thought it might be an additional feature of LimeSurvey. Perhaps in the future it might get on the feature request list. SurveyMonkey has that type of functionality so I thought this might too. Thanks for your quick response.

Great software.

Jason

Re: Popup invite on website for 10% of users? 3 years 2 months ago #56821

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 254
Well, I think a generic solution will never satisfy everyone. I think it is better to go for an own solution.

But with the "monkey" you still have to implement a Javascript file into your website, right?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Re: Popup invite on website for 10% of users? 3 years 2 months ago #56834

• Mazi
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 289
Limesurvey is a stand alona application. Showing a link to 10% of your website users is a feature that refers to your website, not Limesurvey. So you have to find a different solution for your website to show a link to the survey under certain conditions.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
(Limesurvey Head of Support)
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
Donation Image