Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Prefill questions with question groups

• tvrooijen
  • tvrooijen's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #178945 by tvrooijen
Prefill questions with question groups was created by tvrooijen
Hi LimeSurvey community,

I have a survey with a tree structure, which uses conditions to hide questions. For a certain group I already know the first few questions of the three structure. With a separate URL I would like to be able to skip these questions.

Here is an example:
I know that some people will answer as follows:
Question 1: answer= 2 (gewrichtsklachten) gyazo.com/2853e6072205db4c05c4c59b7616facc
Question 2: answer= 6 (knie) gyazo.com/34a6e916752144857a25e5b33f89d0fe

With a seperate url I would like these people to skip these questions and go directly to the third screen of the three structure which is: gyazo.com/9a680c5c171ead051a2505b992c793a3

Here is the survey : www.wijzer.bracewijzer.nl/index.php/589761?newtest=Y&lang=nl

I tried GET parameters, but it wouldn't go to the next screen, so the answers were prefilled but the participant should still press the next button two times.

Could someone please let me know if this is possible in some way? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Tim van Rooijen

Limesurvey version: 3.15.5+181115
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 2 months ago #178949 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Prefill questions with question groups
I assume you know those people individually, as you would pass on information via the URL. In this case, you could use tokens and save the information that you already have as custom attributes. Then from the survey you check in the relevance equation if those attributes are already set in the custom attribute and only show the questions / groups if they information is not set.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tvrooijen
More
5 years 2 months ago #178952 by tvrooijen
Replied by tvrooijen on topic Prefill questions with question groups
Hi Holch,

Thanks for the quick reply.

No I don't know these people all individually, they need to be able to join the survey with the same link. If I want to use these custom attributes I should enable survey participants right? Then the survey is no longer available via this link: www.wijzer.bracewijzer.nl/index.php/589761?newtest=Y&lang=nl right?
  • holch
  • Away
More
5 years 2 months ago #178954 by holch
OK, but if you don't know them, how will you pass the information that you already have via the the URL and GET parameter to the survey???

If they all need to join with the same link, then you can't use tokens, of course. But then I did not understand what you are trying to do. Unfortunately your screenshots / survey are in Dutch and I don't really get how your survey works.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• tvrooijen
More
5 years 2 months ago #178959 by tvrooijen
Replied by tvrooijen on topic Prefill questions with question groups
Hi Holch,

I understand, I think I wasn't clear in my first post, let me try clarify this. Sorry for the confusion.

The survey gives a general advice what brace fits best by your situation based on a few simple questions. The survey is published on our website: bracewijzer.nl/ with the link: www.wijzer.bracewijzer.nl/index.php/589761?newtest=Y&lang=nl

I am making a special page for knee pain and I would like to add a button with ''find the right knee brace''

I would like to let these people skip the first two question's by prefilling them. The first and second question ask for what body part (knee, wrist, elbow, etc.) they would like to find a brace. Since they pressed the button to find a knee brace it would be unnecessary, for them to answer the first two questions. We already know the answer, so ideally I would like these people to skip this question.

In short, there should be two ways to fill in the survey,
1. From the start (like the link share before)
2. The first and second question prefilled so they immediately see the third screen ( gyazo.com/9a680c5c171ead051a2505b992c793a3 )

Is it this more clear?
  • holch
  • Away
More
5 years 2 months ago #178960 by holch
Yes, it is much clearer now.

What you can do is pass on a code via the URL, as you planned at the beginning.

I would have a look at the panel integration, there you can save a variable from the URL into a hidden question. Based on this hidden question set or not, you can filter the questions via relevance equation.

• DenisChenu
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #178973 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Prefill questions with question groups
Some detail without usage of Panel integration : manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields#Prefill...using_GET_parameters

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by DenisChenu.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose