Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Use of LimeSurvey for Staff Reporting

• acrall
  • acrall's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #175723 by acrall
I am a new user to LimeSurvey and wanted to get the community's input on use of the software for a specific purpose. At my organization, we are wanting staff to input data on engagement/outreach activities that they do throughout the year. So, for example, we would ask a staff member to select the number of activities they would like to submit data for; then they would need to select a type for each activity (e.g., site tour, presentation, workshop); and based on the type, they would be asked a different set of questions (i.e., branching needed). A staff member may want to submit new data to this form throughout the year. Based on your knowledge of the platform, would LimeSurvey be a useful tool for this type of data collection?
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 5 months ago #175770 by lfanfoni
Replied by lfanfoni on topic Use of LimeSurvey for Staff Reporting
Some days ago I've prepared this sample survey in italian language: www.opensurvey.it/limesurvey/index.php/879151
In this sample I've supposed to have a max number of 5 activities, but this number coulb be greater.
If you need to propose many questions for each activities and type of activities, you could define many question groups many groups of questions for how many activities are, and show them only if the activitity is indicated at first question. Inside the question group od single activitiy you can also show only questions by tipology of activity.

Se mi vuoi contattare, non mandare messaggi privati qui, bensì scrivi a lfanfoni at gmail.com
Per le livestream in italiano vai su: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSjjxAG9...SiiCsSz_JxIH7xJwLdPd
Le soluzioni LimeSurvey per l'Italia si trovano su: github.com/lfanfoni
  • acrall
More
5 years 5 months ago #175778 by acrall
Replied by acrall on topic Use of LimeSurvey for Staff Reporting
Thanks, Ifanfoni. It seems that I can use the software for this type of staff reporting but I'm going to need to get much more familiar with the system to set it up correctly. As a new user, I think this type of development is more advanced than what I am able to do now. But you answered my question that it IS possible so thank you.
More
5 years 5 months ago #175780 by lfanfoni
Replied by lfanfoni on topic Use of LimeSurvey for Staff Reporting
Yes, but it is not necessary to develop scripts for these "advanced" features. You find anything in the manual, also examples. The main arguments are: array filter, relevance, expression manager.
Besides you can study the Sample Census( www.limesurvey.org/downloads/category/13-surveys ), it is useful to understand how to implement a questionnaire with multiple sections (persons in that example, activities in your case).

Se mi vuoi contattare, non mandare messaggi privati qui, bensì scrivi a lfanfoni at gmail.com
Per le livestream in italiano vai su: www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOSjjxAG9...SiiCsSz_JxIH7xJwLdPd
Le soluzioni LimeSurvey per l'Italia si trovano su: github.com/lfanfoni
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, acrall
  • acrall
More
5 years 5 months ago #175781 by acrall
Replied by acrall on topic Use of LimeSurvey for Staff Reporting
Great! I will look more closely at those arguments and study the Sample Census. Thanks so much for providing some direction. As a new user, all the existing features can be a bit overwhelming so I appreciate the guidance.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose