Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Change Token Message

• smilesmile
  • smilesmile's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #175335 by smilesmile
Change Token Message was created by smilesmile
I have a token based survey that we are not using email for. So we created a token table and generated tokens for the participants. We then send them to the general link without the token to take the survey so that it asks them to enter in their token into the box.

My question is how can I change the message they see to say "code" instead of token? the message that displays on the site is
"This is a controlled survey. You need a valid token to participate.
If you have been issued a token, please enter it in the box below and click continue.

I would like to replace "token" with "code" each time it appears and also where the word "token" appears in front of the box. Where do I go to do this. I have downloaded poedit and the en language file, if that is where I change it could someone give me a quick explanation of how to change the text? Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago #175356 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Change Token Message
There are a few options:

Change the language files. You basically would change the translation of the word. However, this would mean it changes it for all other surveys on your installation as well and it might be overwritten with each update.

I think Tpartner posted also a solution on how to change the word token to something else via Javascript. You would need to search the forum for that.

However, it is probably easier to tell your respondents that the code is called "token" rather than change things in the system. But this depends of course on your setup.

I would guess that people won't care less about wether the code is called "code" or "token" or "token code" or whatever. I might be wrong though.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose