Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Limit respondents answers in dropdown

• DanielVN
  • DanielVN's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #169071 by DanielVN
Limit respondents answers in dropdown was created by DanielVN
Hi All,

I would like to check if i will be able to limit respondents answers for a specific question in limesurvey:

I'm using Version 2.73.0+171219 and i have to script a question like the one below:

"2. How would you classify those ten countries in terms of quality of their wines? Which country will you put first, second, third… tenth? Please classify them in order from one to ten. (We talk about quality wines with protected designation of origin (PDO) and protected geographical indication (PGI).)
(Number your choices from 1 to 10. From the drop-down menu opposite of each country, choose the position you’d place it. If you don’t have an opinion about any of the listed countries, choose ‘I don’t have an impression of this country’ option.)

1. Australia
2. Argentina
3. Bulgaria
4. Chile
5. South Africa
6. New Zealand
7. France
8. Spain
9. Italy
10. USA
11. I don’t have an impression of this country

Before you continue on, please make sure that you have not placed any of the countries in the same position."

My question is how can i make sure that the respondents won't select same answer for different countries and i need to make sure that the respondents will enter the answers in consequtive order. So if they would like to clasify 5 countries only they will have to number them from 1 to 5.

Thank you very much ina dvance.

Best regards
Daniel
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 10 months ago #169092 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Limit respondents answers in dropdown
Please refer to the manual - Question type - Ranking - manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Ranking

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DanielVN
  • DanielVN's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #169153 by DanielVN
Replied by DanielVN on topic Limit respondents answers in dropdown
Hi Tony,

Thank you very much for your advise, but my main concerns are: How can i make sure that the respondents won't select same answer for different countries and i need to make sure that the respondents will enter the answers in consequtive order. So if they would like to clasify 5 countries only they will have to number them from 1 to 5.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards
Daniel
  • tpartner
More
5 years 10 months ago #169159 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Limit respondents answers in dropdown
That is exactly what the ranking question type does.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose