Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Showing Summary of questions and responses to participants

• sviswanadham
  • sviswanadham's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #156076 by sviswanadham
Is it possible for me to have a page where I can simply show to the participant, the summary of questions and answers(responses) that the participant entered in the survey? How would I go about this if its possible?
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by sviswanadham.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 10 months ago #156081 by holch
There are quite a few posts about this in the forum already.

You can use Expression Manager (EM) to access the participant's responses and you can display them in a text display question at the end of your survey.

You will have to learn how to access the different question types via Expression Manager, but there are quite a few examples in the manual and also here in the forum.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sviswanadham
More
6 years 10 months ago #156082 by Ben_V
Hi,
yes almost everything is possible... Best way may depends on:

1) if your report will contain all the questions or just a selection ?

2) before (allows edition) or after submission ?

if for all the questions and after submission, an easy way is to allow in general settings "participants may print their answers"... and load the url of the printable report using the built-in "endurl" redirect feature... (those steps are very well explained in the manual )

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • sviswanadham
  • sviswanadham's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #156084 by sviswanadham
Thank you Ben and Holch.

I think I'm starting to figure it out a bit. What I wanted was to be able to allow the user to access the results later on as well after submission. Like a permanent link. I think I might have a solution with a combination of things. I could create a non-visible question to accept their unique id (external to limesurvey) which might be the first question and so I create a intermediary page where when the user wants to enter the survey they would go to this page first which could essentially send a request for the first answer and from there on the user would be prompted for the rest of the survey. The second thing to do is sort of replicate the functionality of the print answer into a separate controller/action which would accept the unique id as a parameter along with the survey id and then use that to print the answers as opposed to the current module which uses the limesurvey response id stored in the session. So together with both of those I could build a URL to access the survey answers directly for each unique user I think.
More
6 years 4 months ago #161161 by IlanaWilken
Hello everyone

I have a similar question.

1. I want to display all the questions the participant answered before they submit, so that they can check whether what they're submitting, is correct.
2. I also then want to display/email the participant their completed answers.

How do I go about doing this, please? I searched the manual and forum, but didn't quite come right. Does anyone perhaps have a link I can have a look at?

Thank you very much.
Ilana
  • Joffm
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #161163 by Joffm
Hello, Ilana,

use a question of type "text display", where you display all desired questions and answers by Expression manager,
like:
{Q1.question}: {Q1.code}
{Q2_SQ001.question}: {Q2_SQ001.shown}

Your page:

The same in your email. Adapt the email template.
Best regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Joffm.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holch, IlanaWilken
More
6 years 2 months ago #162915 by chavis
Hi,

I am trying to display public statistics to participants belonging to a specific demographic after they complete their survey. This is so they can compare their results with others who fall in their same demographic, (i.e., gender). I know that a link is provided that gives access to public statistics but I'm including custom Javascript in which I'll be able to have more control over how and which statistics are displayed depending on demographics of the participant.

Any thoughts?
More
6 years 2 months ago #163384 by VSSUNES
Hey

I have a similar concern:
At the end of the survey I'd like to show the participants an overview of a big part of the answers.
I would like them to be arranged differently than in the survey and I would love them to be exportable / printable.
Ideally, the participant could access this overview during the survey and then go back to the questions.

I'm already happy with just some of these functions.
  • tpartner
More
6 years 2 months ago #163390 by tpartner
That's not possible with built-in functionality. It would require considerable coding outside of LimeSurvey.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose