Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Have user enter a number and then have the form repeat that many times

• nengard
  • nengard's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #128642 by nengard
I'd like to create a survey where the first question is how many companies do you work with. Then when the respondent enters a number (let's say 3) the survey gives them the same questions that many (3) times. Is this possible?
The topic has been locked.
  • nengard
More
8 years 3 months ago #128643 by nengard
Or maybe give the user an option after they fill it out to say 'i have another' and then it repeats that group of questions again for them?
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 3 months ago #128648 by holch
What you are looking for is some kind of loop function, which doesn't really exist in Limesurvey. However, if the number of responses isn't infinit you can create as many "company question groups" as you think make sense (e.g. maximum of 10) and then hide/show them via relevance equation (or the old way via conditions), based on the response in the number question. I would actually use a dropdown with numbers from 1 to 10 for example. This way I think it is easier to create conditions/relevance equations.

If you search in the forum, I am sure you will find some examples or further descriptions of this workaround. It comes up on a regular basis.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nengard
  • nengard
More
8 years 3 months ago #128649 by nengard
That is a great idea!! Thank you so much!! I'll give this a whirl.
  • nengard
More
8 years 3 months ago #128651 by nengard
For anyone who's curious. I used this method and it's working great: manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager...roup-Level_Relevance

Nicole

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose