Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How Do I add a prescreener page?

• pennywaltz
  • pennywaltz's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #127621 by pennywaltz
How Do I add a prescreener page? was created by pennywaltz
I am fairly new to Limesurvey and learning more and more thanks to this forum. So one thing I haven't figure out yet is how to do a prescreen page prior to starting the survey.

So as the prescreener to see if the person qualify, i have the following questions:
1) How old are you (drop box with age)
2) Are you currently living in the UK (Yes/No)
3) Have you been diagnosed with X disease (yes/no)

So if the participant is under the age of 12, or checked no to either question 2 or 3, I would want to end the survey (so perhaps some message saying "thank you for participating in the survey, but you do not qualify")

and if the participants meets the age and criteria, I would want them to proceed to with the survey.

What is the easiest way to do this? Also there is a limitation, I am still one Limesurvey Version 1.87+ Build 8518. I am trying to work with my IT dept to upgrade us to the latest, but it is an uphill battle and I do not expect them to do this prior to starting this project.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by pennywaltz.
The topic has been locked.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 5 months ago #127625 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic How Do I add a prescreener page?
Hi,

You can try with
- calculating the qualification status in an equaiton question
- showing or hiding conditionally the main group of the survey, which would hold the main questions of the survey.
- tailoring the end message based on the qualification status.

Cheers,

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• pennywaltz
More
8 years 5 months ago #127631 by pennywaltz
Replied by pennywaltz on topic How Do I add a prescreener page?
Thanks for your quick reply. Thinking about what you wrote, made me think a bit ore.

For the equation, I did find the equation type question ( manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Equation ), and sadly it is in v1.92+, so it is not available to me yet. So based on this, I would create an qualification variable based on my questions and use that to qualify/disqualify someone from the survey.

And can I hide groups of questions in v1.87? I only see an option to set conditions for each question, but not group.
  • gabrieljenik
More
8 years 5 months ago #127632 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic How Do I add a prescreener page?
Taking into account the old LS version, what do you think about setting up 2 different surveys? One for the qualification and the other for the survey per se.

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• pennywaltz
More
8 years 5 months ago #127633 by pennywaltz
Replied by pennywaltz on topic How Do I add a prescreener page?
I think that is what I have to resort to. I am wondering is there a way to automate this so the tokens would link up between the 2 surveys.

So if they take the prescreener and qualify, they would get a message "You qualify, click here to continue" where the link is to the survey.

And if they don't, they just see "thank you, you don't qualify" (of course in a nicer way!).

Overall, I want to link their response (mainly age) from the prescreener to their actual survey.
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #127635 by Ben_V
Replied by Ben_V on topic How Do I add a prescreener page?
Hi,
You have to check the manual (& forum) looking for "quotas" feature & implementation ... and set rules with quota=0 for all your exclusives answers.
BTW, the "equation" question type is available for all 1.92 versions

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ben_V.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, holch
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #127639 by holch
Replied by holch on topic How Do I add a prescreener page?
I agree with Ben. For screening you should use zero quotas and you can do it actually within the same questionnaire. For each quota, you can set a thank you message (and you can redirect them to a certain URL).

Creating a second questionnaire is a possibility, bu this questionnaire would have to be accessible to everyone and this means people could go directly to the second questionnaire if they know the URL and skip the screening questions.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose