Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Links that would take the user to specific questions

• Effenberg0x0
  • Effenberg0x0's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #127403 by Effenberg0x0
I haven't found a way to send reminders to my users with links that will take them to specific questions.

In more details: I know some users stopped answering my survey on question 5. I can easily extract this list of users via API. Then I'd like to mail them a reminder saying "You stopped on question 5, come on, there are only 2 more questions. Click here to be taken to the last two questions.". I have coded something here to integrate LimeSurvey to our internal systems and I'm able to extract lists of users that match specific conditions (like in which question they stopped), get their e-mail addresses and tokens, and create/send them the custom reminders using our EMM software. The problem is: How do I create links that direct the user to the first question he hasn't answered yet?

As a secondary problem: If this is somehow possible, would it also load the previous answers and respect the survey logic? In other words, would the user be able to press back and see his answers to previous questions? If the last questions logic depend on his answers to the first questions, would the logic still work with these direct links?

Example: Suppose we have a 3 questions survey. A user stopped on question 1 some days ago. Question 2 should only show if the user answered "Yes" on question 1. He did not, he answered "No". We find out a way to create direct links on reminders and mail the user a direct link to continue the survey from where he stopped (which would be Question 2). Would Question 2 show (which would be wrong) or would the survey immediately jump to question 3 (respecting the survey logic based on previous answers)?

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #127420 by tpartner
Have a look at "token-based response persistence" - manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Tokens . Respondents should be returned to the survey where they left off.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • Effenberg0x0
  • Effenberg0x0's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #127423 by Effenberg0x0
Replied by Effenberg0x0 on topic Links that would take the user to specific questions
I can't believe it was that easy :)

Thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose