Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Use multiple eq ('==') values within one question group?

• DOwen
  • DOwen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #127401 by DOwen
Hi all,

Just wondering if there's any way of adding more than one relevance equation which defines when the question group is to be displayed. I guess this may be the same for individual questions too.

I want a particular question group to be shown depending on what has been chosen in a dropdown question, but I also want the same question group to be displayed when an item is selected from a different dropdown question.

At the moment I have the relevance equation 'prodcat1=='A2'' set on the question group. So if A2 is selected from dropdown question 'prodcat1', then the group will be displayed. I was wondering if its possible to add multiple similar equations for the same group or is there another solution?

Thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #127419 by DenisChenu
prodcat1=='A2' OR prodcat1=='A3'

Don't understand the question.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • DOwen
More
8 years 5 months ago #127449 by DOwen
I am not sure the equation is correct. I want to show a particular question group on the next page when a certain dropdown item is selected. However I have the same question with a different question ID on the next page which also needs to show that same question group AGAIN. Is this possible with a relevance equation?
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 5 months ago #127450 by DenisChenu

DOwen wrote: ....However I have the same question with a different question ID on the next page which also needs to show that same question group AGAIN. Is this possible with a relevance equation?

You can not show a previous group after a group ?

Solution 1:
G1: G1Q1 Y/N
G2: G2Q2 Y/N
G3: condition G1Q1=="Y" or G2Q2=="Y"

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • DOwen
More
8 years 5 months ago #127451 by DOwen
So I cannot show the same question group again? Or revert back to a certain page/group somehow?
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #127453 by DenisChenu
You can not GO back in a survey by default

Alternate solution : use full index, and
G1: G1Q1 Y/N
G2: condition G1Q1=="Y" or G3Q3=="Y" and some mandatory question
G3: G3Q3 Y/N

Denis

Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • holch
More
8 years 5 months ago #127454 by holch
I thought by now you understood how LS works... ;-)

Limesurvey is created for a fairly linear approach. So you go through a set of questions one by one, always in the same order. This is how most questionnaires work and thus it fits well for this purpose. Going back and forth isn't a big thing for the type of research LS was designed for. There are few options that can be used, but it is not very sophisticated. If you want to ask a question "again", you would have to create a copy of this question that comes after, so you could show this question.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose