Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Creating Mathematics Formulae in LimeSurvey Items (Questions)

• gibsonsdad
  • gibsonsdad's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #126777 by gibsonsdad
I have searched for the terms MathJax, MathML, and asciimath, and have not found any question similar to this.

Is it possible to type mathematical formulae in a LimeSurvey item? If so, is there a native tool that can be used, or, if not, has anyone been successful using MathJax, and exporting the formulae as formated mathematical formulae? If you are not familiar with MathJax, it is a JS library that allows one to create mathematical formulae using one of LaTeX, MathML, or asciimath, and loaded as the ultimate cdn in the head of an html template, unless a css file is used in conjunction. In this case, the MathJax cdn is penultimate and the css ultimate.

Thank you,
Mark
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #126941 by DenisChenu
No,

Expression manager have some math system, but not a lot. It's not for this.
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Operators
manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Implemented_Functions

Denis
PS: MathJax is more to shown Math on a website. Don't do the operation. I think you can found some script in the web to update your template and allow MathJax in question text.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • gibsonsdad
  • gibsonsdad's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #126996 by gibsonsdad
Let me clarify. If I link the MathJax cdn in the <head> section, and I create a question containing a mathematics equation using one of LaTeX, MathML, or asciimath, when I export the problem set as a pdf, will the formatting of the mathematics equation be preserved? The other option is to import a jpg, or similar file that contains a picture of the equation.

Thank you.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
8 years 5 months ago #127009 by DenisChenu
No actually : we don't have a solution for such issue .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
8 years 5 months ago #127012 by holch
As you just want to display the formulas (if I got you right), then it is probalby the best (and simplest) to create an image (PNG) and implement it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose