Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How can I filter a "RANK Q?"answer opt based on answers given in "ADUAL SCALE"

• delfin
  • delfin's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #126355 by delfin
Hi guys,

I need help. I want to put a RANK question that filters the subquestions based on a previous question answer. That previous question is a an ARRAY DUAL SCALE on dropdown. The filter would be based on the options chose on the first scale. So what I want is that if they choose option 3,4 or 5 this answer options would show on the RANK question, or than the options 1 and 2 are filtered on the ranking.

Pls see the URL for this, I can do skype to show. Thank you in advance. My skype ID is pedrodelfin@hotmail.com
delfin.limequery.com/index.php/admin/que...197653/gid/1/qid/116
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by delfin. Reason: missed the URL
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #126372 by tpartner
In 2.06, you can set relevance for sub-questions. [EDIT]Seems this is missing in the ranking question - use the 2.05 approach until that's fixed.[/EDIT]

In 2.05, as far as I know, the only way to do this would be to insert a hidden multiple-choice question and use JavaScript to toggle it depending on the array answers. Then you could use the "Array filter" setting in the ranking question.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: delfin
  • delfin
  • delfin's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #126414 by delfin
Thx tpartner.
I know you mentioned:
"I'm not in a position to offer much code for the next few days but searching the forum should yield many examples of this approach."
I'm afraid I'm not IT guy and do not have enough knowledge to recognize such code. A friend of mine will try to help on free time.
If you get some time after the next few days. I would really appreciatte an example. Which I think I could adapt.

Thx again for the help.
More
8 years 5 months ago #126424 by first
Just looked at this post ..
Answered here.
www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...wers?start=10#126423

Survey Designer and Programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: delfin

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose