Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

One survey for different classes

• fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #128878 by fransmarcelissen
Replied by fransmarcelissen on topic One survey for different classes
Hi Tony,
Why do you propose the javascripts solution and not the "hide always" setting? Imho this is exactly the situation where the "hide always" option is created for. I see javascript as something for things that can not be done in limesurvey.
To be clear: I am referring to "hide always" and not to the relevance. I know that if relevance is zero, the question is not neglected. But a hidden question _is_ evaluated.
Frans
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 4 months ago #128879 by AnnaBH
Replied by AnnaBH on topic One survey for different classes
Maybe you can tell me how I do to get answers to my hidden question? I think it would work like a charm if it only worked but if I make attribute_1 to a question I only get an emty field when I look at the answers.
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #128880 by fransmarcelissen
You do not really need a hidden question here, as Tammo mentioned before. You can export the attributes and filter on this attribute in excel. But Often hidden questions are handy.
If you want to make a hidden question referring to an attribute: there are several options.
1 Tammo already suggested to create an equation. Then set the question text to {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1} (if this is the correct attribute).
2 I always do it in anouther way. Create a short text question. Then click on edit default values for this question. Set the default value to {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1}
The first option has the effect that the value changes if the attribute changes. In general the attribute does not change. In the second option the question gets a value only once, and this value stays the same as long as you don't edit it.
In both cases: edit the question. Click on Show advanced settings. In the group: Display: set Always hide this question to "yes"

Frans (DigiPsy)
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by fransmarcelissen.
More
8 years 4 months ago #128881 by AnnaBH
Ok. I had missed that I have to do an equation of the question. Do I have to write someting where it sais Relevance equation?
More
8 years 4 months ago #128882 by AnnaBH
I think I will go crazy...:/ I do like this:
1. I go to the first group of question and add a new question that I put before every other question in that group.
2. I make the question to an equation and set the question text to {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1}
3. I make the question hidden.
And then it doesn´t show up at all when I try to show diagrams from the survey :/
More
8 years 4 months ago #128883 by AnnaBH
The picture is how the question look. Can you see what I do wrong even if a part of it is in swedish?
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #128886 by fransmarcelissen
Hi Anna,
The hidden question looks fine. I presume you also give values to attribute 1
Now you can export the data to excel and generate graphs, filtering out classes.
From what you write I now understand you want to generate tables or graphs withing limesurvey itself. I think it is much easier to do that within excel (or spss or r).
More
8 years 4 months ago #128887 by AnnaBH
Yes, I give values in the token-table. You now they have name, e-mailadress, token and then attribute 1.
And yes, I prefere to generate graphs using limesurvey itself because I think it will save me hours and hours of work. And also because I´m really not good at this :) But I understand much more now and I will see if I will try R someday. I think I might have come up with a half of a solution. I can use their id-number (from 1- 10, 11-20 and so on) to create graphs within the group. Not so nice - but easy :) Thanks again for your help!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose