Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

NOOB question about correct & wrong answers

• peehoo
  • peehoo's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #126203 by peehoo
Hi!

Is it possible to create survey what tells after each question is participant answer right or wrong (and also tells correct answer(s). If doing this I use only single or multiple choice questions without free text...
The topic has been locked.
  • tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 5 months ago #126221 by tammo
Please look at the Expression manager. This will make feedback based on the answers possible with many features!

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
  • peehoo
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #126229 by peehoo
Replied by peehoo on topic NOOB question about correct & wrong answers
Hmm... I tried to look that... Is there any really simple examples for my needs anywhere? I mean... good place for a start...

What I found it seems quite complicated examples... I just needed example to show me to right track... if there is a question with 3 choices and 1 of them is right -> if answer is correct then after pressing next it says your answer was correct and if not it says not correct and you have to do that question again... and same if there is a multiple correct answers option...

Ok I am trying to learn this to myself but if somebody has nice example... plz let me know... I'd like to get lss-file ;)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by peehoo.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #126235 by holch
There are quite a few simple examples in the manual. I think if you really read into it, you'll start to understand.

What you need to do is check which answer they gave for the question, then you will check if this is the correct answer and depending on this show the message you want to create.

Let's say, for question with the code Q1, answer code 1 is the correct one, you would do something like this:
Code:
{if(Q1==1,"Great, your answer is correct", "Unfortunately you gave the wrong answer")}

This is not a tested example and I am not sure if the code is 100% correct. It is just to give you an idea where to look at.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• peehoo
More
8 years 5 months ago #126319 by peehoo
Replied by peehoo on topic NOOB question about correct & wrong answers
Thank you for this... it helped me a little bit... actually answer code have to be between "" marks...

But how do I can create a loop if answer is wrong then patricipant have to answer again. And if there is a multiple answers - is these answers stored in db?
More
8 years 5 months ago #126320 by stevehb
Replied by stevehb on topic NOOB question about correct & wrong answers
I'm not massively experienced with LS but I'd say you are trying to take a Survey tool and make it a Testing tool which unfortunately it isn't really designed to do :(

If you think about a Survey it doesn't really have wrong answers... it asks people to give their opinions and may also do some calculations based on data they give; that's not really what a test is.

As far as I'm aware you can't do loops in LS in the way you have asked, if it did then it would solve a question that I have posed earlier in this forum :)

Regards
Steve
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #126328 by fransmarcelissen
Replied by fransmarcelissen on topic NOOB question about correct & wrong answers
I agree limesurvey is not perfect for this, but what you can do is add a validation for Q1 (in advanced setting->Question validation equation:
self == 1
Now the user cannot go further before 1 is answered.
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #126342 by Ben_V
You may have a look at this old post

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Ben_V.
More
8 years 5 months ago #126369 by first
See if this post helps. "Mimic simple loops in LS"

www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/can-i-do-thi...le-loop-in-ls#126368

Survey Designer and Programmer
More
4 years 2 months ago #192298 by FrankyQuest
Replied by FrankyQuest on topic NOOB question about correct & wrong answers
where do i have to put this code? thx