Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How best to handle a "wrong language" survey invitation?

• mwooldri143
  • mwooldri143's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #126176 by mwooldri143
Hello,

I started using Limesurvey for customer satisfaction surveys, and so far I have found it to be superior than the SurveyMonkey service we were previously using. We service our customers in four different languages, and as such we will be sending out surveys based on where the customer is and the language in which the representative primarily uses.

Inevitably, the situation will arise where I will send out a survey invitation in a language that the recipient may not understand. The "clumsy" way of overcoming this I see would be to send out the invitation emails in a dual language format (as English is the "common" language), and the person taking the survey would "choose" the language based on the link that they choose or whether they change the language in the drop-down option on the survey itself. What I would prefer though are four links at the top of each email (for the four languages we work in) with an option for the email recipient to open the email (in a web browser) in their language.

How have other people been handling multiple language survey invites by email?

Thanks in advance for your help! Mark.
The topic has been locked.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 5 months ago #126182 by Mazi
You are probably using the {SURVEYURL} placeholder at your email?!

To have 4 different links you can take the full survey URL created that way, hard code it at your email and then change the language short code (like "en", "de", "fr", ...).
Within that URL use {TOKEN:TOKEN} to also replace the token dynamically. Example:

- EN: limesurvey-templates.com/demo205/index.p...TOKEN:TOKEN}/lang/en
- DE: limesurvey-templates.com/demo205/index.p...TOKEN:TOKEN}/lang/de
- FR: limesurvey-templates.com/demo205/index.p...TOKEN:TOKEN}/lang/fr

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 5 months ago #126251 by DenisChenu

Mazi wrote: Within that URL use {TOKEN:TOKEN} to also replace the token dynamically. Example:

not TOKEN:TOKEN but {TOKEN} directly

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • mwooldri143
  • mwooldri143's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago #126411 by mwooldri143
Mazi, DenisChenu, thanks for your replies. I appreciate it.

Mazi, this works great for sending the recipient of the invite direct to the survey in the desired language. I was looking to see if LimeSurvey could display the invite that was emailed as a web page... doesn't appear to be anything obvious. However, using {TOKEN} and the other replacement field properties, I can construct some custom php code that will do what I need to do. Just what I needed - thanks!

Mark.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose