Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Answer from a previous question as subquestion text

More
8 years 6 months ago #125860 by wisem
I am using Limesurvey version 2.0 and I would like to know if it is possible to use the answer from a prior Array (text) question as a subsequent subquestion in an Array (dropdown) and also an Array (single scale)?

For example (I’ve included a screen shot below), I have an array text question where respondents are asked to type in an organization name. I would like this organization to become the subquestion in two subsequent array questions on the same page, as well as an additional question later in the survey. Is this possible?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #125868 by holch
Yes, you can do this with expression manager. You have to check how you can access the value in the text question (the survey/question logic file usually helps with that).

Once you know what that answer code is, you can use it in expressions.

As they are on the same page, it can look a little strange when there hasn't been an answer yet. But I am sure there is some kind of code that can be used as a placeholder while the question hasn't been answered yet.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose