Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Add multiple universities + corresponding adresses

• TomSurvey
  • TomSurvey's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #125782 by TomSurvey
Hi, in my survey I ask the user whether they studied at a university or not.
If they choose yes i want them to be able to add (one or more )universities and fill in details about it (the full name , the year in which they graduated etc ...)
Is this possible ?
I allready found out the conditional part , so if they choose yes they can fill in information about 1 university. But now I want them to be able to fill in the information for as much universities they want.

thank you in advance !
The topic has been locked.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 6 months ago #125785 by Mazi
All you need to do is setting up a sufficient number of questions. You can use question groups, set up all question for university 1 at a question group and then use group export/import to create copies for up to X universities.
You may also want to add a question like "At how many universities did you study" and let the user input a number from 1 to X (you should set a max value based on the number of created group). You can then use conditions to show group 2 if the answer is >1, show group 3 for > 2, ...

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #125787 by tpartner
Simply copy your details question set for as many universities as possible and ask "How many universities have you attended". Then you can use relevance or conditions to show the appropriate number of details question sets.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • gabrieljenik
More
8 years 6 months ago #125794 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic Add multiple universities + corresponding adresses
If you need unlimited number of universities, you could setup a second survey, which receives url-parameters from the first survey and that has a link at the end for looping and filling more universities.

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• TomSurvey
  • TomSurvey's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #125796 by TomSurvey
Thanks for your help everybody ,
is their a quick way to copy an entire goup ? I tried exporting a group to lsg and then importing it at survey level but it does not accept lsg files ...
  • tpartner
More
8 years 6 months ago #125797 by tpartner
Export the group (as you have done), then "Add new group to survey" --> "Import question group".

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose