Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Automatically Generate Tokens

• d90
  • d90's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #124769 by d90
Automatically Generate Tokens was created by d90
Is there any way to automatically generate tokens? I mean, I have to imagine since there is a button to generate tokens there should be a way to call that function on the back end without having to physically press it with the mouse. Is this possible?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #124770 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Automatically Generate Tokens
You mean you want to create them via the API?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 6 months ago #124771 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic Automatically Generate Tokens
You could do a loop calling the add_participant remote control function N times.
manual.limesurvey.org/RemoteControl_2_API#add_participants

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• d90
More
8 years 6 months ago #124791 by d90
Replied by d90 on topic Automatically Generate Tokens
I guess I should have provided more info. I'm using 1 survey for customer satisfaction. I'm importing info into the tokens table from my company's completed orders database. I want limesurvey to create the tokens for those imports rather than me writing an rng for it. So i guess any way that I can automate that portion would be awesome. Full disclosure though: I don't know how to utilize an API. I'm not a programmer so this is new ground for me.
  • d90
More
8 years 6 months ago #124793 by d90
Can the add_participants remote control add _only_ the token to the table? I'm only looking for the unique id to be generated similarly to the 'generate tokens' button under token management.
More
8 years 5 months ago #126177 by mwooldri143
Replied by mwooldri143 on topic Automatically Generate Tokens
How are you adding the tokens to the survey table? I'm using Limesurvey for a customer satisfaction survey too, and though I am not a professional programmer I did manage to write a bit of php code that takes our phone call log and directly generates invitations, along with a generated "token" (for me, each customer has an "account" number which I scramble a little bit) by putting entries directly into the mysql table. It wouldn't take much php code to generate a random number that could be used as a token.

If you're importing a .csv file, then at the bare minimum you're importing a file with three headers. It would be relatively trivial to open up the .csv file in excel and add a column titled "tokens" and use RANDBETWEEN(X,Y) to generate random numbers for all of the entries. Then save this new .csv file and use that instead.

I have no idea what LDAP is so I can't advise there.
  • d90
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #126179 by d90
Well before I explain that, it would help to know how we're using Limesurvey. We're a Franchisor. Our franchisees purchase equipment from us. Every time they purchase equipment, they will fill out a short satisfaction survey. It's always the same survey.

I created a stored procedure in MS SQL 2008 R2 to pull some basic info about the franchisee's order into my survey's token table. The part about crypt_gen_random(10) as token gives me a value which is then converted for use as the actual token value. I then fire off all order survey emails. This occurs daily. I don't necessarily like this method (of generating the tokens) as I feel the limesurvey software does it better.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by d90.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose