Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

hide some answers in drop down menu

• Thomassie
  • Thomassie's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #124361 by Thomassie
hide some answers in drop down menu was created by Thomassie
Is there a possibility to hide some answers in a dropdown menu, in a manner that on a later date they can be made visible in a quick and easy way.

example: Our survey is ment to measure competence in our organisation . We want to start with a testgroup but at a later stage we want to measure all our employees. I want to start with implementing the names of all our employees in a dropdownmenu, but for now I only want the persons in the testfase to be visible.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #124374 by mascarpone
Replied by mascarpone on topic hide some answers in drop down menu
First thing that comes to mind is that you may add those names to your list later while the survey is already active
  • Thomassie
More
8 years 6 months ago #124375 by Thomassie
Replied by Thomassie on topic hide some answers in drop down menu
That is the most obvious answer, which immediately crossed my mind.

The problem is that I don't know all the testpersons yet, but I want to get on with my work. That's why I figured, if I can make dropdownmenu's with all the employees then I can select/deselect them later and I don't need to make different survey's or fiddle around later. Inputwise it just seems to make more sense that this feature would be available.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #124376 by holch
Replied by holch on topic hide some answers in drop down menu
Well, if you don't know the test persons yet, then I why not leave the question empty for now and move on to the next questions. Just fill this particular question later.

By the way, which version of Limesurvey are you using? I am not sure if for your question type the relevance equation for subquestions (which was implemented in 2.06+) works. Never tried it for this question type, as I hardly use it.

One other thought: Is this question for the respondent to choose their name? In this case I would rather work with tokens and give the respective token (or send a link) to each employee. I find it a much cleaner solution. but this of course depends on what you need this question for, which could be a totally different aproach to what I imagine.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Thomassie
More
8 years 6 months ago #124379 by Thomassie
I could leave it open, I guess ;) and work on the other stuff first :)

the survey is for an organisation that works with mentally disabled adults. The survey is meant as a tool to recognize talents within our employees. The cliënts, their network, collegues, the managers and the employee himself fill in this survey. Thus creating a 360° feedback.

At the beginning of the survey people can choose who they want to validate. To create a user-friendly drop down menu they first have to choose which function this person has and then they have to choose on which floor this person works. Finally resulting in a drop down menu, with for example, 9 names they can choose from. For the test survey not all employees are validated, but eventually I will need to do this. Therefore i was thinking to already make the lists complete but only activate the answers of the tespersons in the dropdown menu .

I hope I made myself a bit clear :)

If there is another way to accomplish this, please let me know.

greetings

thomas
  • holch
More
8 years 6 months ago #124380 by holch
Replied by holch on topic hide some answers in drop down menu
Now things are becoming clearer.

You are filtering the list of employees by function and floor, only then they receive a list of employees.

How do you filter this anyway? What question types are you using for the two first filter questions? The 3rd is a dropdown, that seems to be clear. At the moment I don't really understand how it helps you to hide some options, because with the filters, you need many versions of the 3rd question anyway. Or how is this planned in your survey?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Thomassie
More
8 years 6 months ago #124381 by Thomassie
I filter with dropdownmenus and then allocate with the conditionsfunction.

So you choose from a dropdownmenu "function A" then below a dropdownmenu with a choice of "floors" appears. Then you choose a floor.
For example "floor Delta" and then you get the dropdownmenu with employee names

Is this a redundant approach ?
Attachments:

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose