Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Max number of people for one answer (radio buttons)

• ksnellink
  • ksnellink's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #124092 by ksnellink
Hi guys,

I have a question in my LimeSurvey form where I ask about 60 people to choose one of 6 dates (by radio buttons). If 10 people chose one specific date, that date needs to disappear/be unclickable. Is there any way I can do this (beware; not very good at coding so would need some guidance if it ends up being PHP/Javascript/AJAX or something).

Thanks in advance!

Kim
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #124099 by holch
The way you want this, this is nothing that you can do out of the box. It will definitely require some custom coding and not only JavaScript, but also calling to the database.

I am not sure if there are not better tools for what you are searching out there, as they might be specialized on the problem.

Limesurvey focuses un surveys and thus usually on what the current respondent does, not what others have done before.

That said, there is a system called quota, were you could do something similiar, but quota don't hide answer options, the rather close the survey when there are too many with the same response already, which doesn't help you.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 6 months ago #124107 by jelo

holch wrote: That said, there is a system called quota, were you could do something similiar, but quota don't hide answer options, the rather close the survey when there are too many with the same response already, which doesn't help you.

Some kind of global variables in Quota, Token and Panel Integration would be a nice thing. Combined with EM more complex Quotas would be possible. Perhaps global token attributes which could be updated during the interview could be a first step.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose