Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

reuse question group\prompt reuse of question group

More
8 years 6 months ago #123933 by cm
I am creating a survey that has a set of 'introductory questions' and then requests to fill in the same set of questions (name, gender, age) several times (depending on the number of people partaking in a specific event).
I would like to know how I can create this subset of questions (that is the questions group defining the individual participants) and add it multiple times to the survey without having to import every question (there are too many questions per person).
Is actually possible to create an 'add another person' option to let the survey respondent access the same subset of questions multiple times (rather than creating a default of e.g. 30 participants in every survey and allow for an option to leave fields unselected)?
It is important that the data is collected in such a way that the information about the event (introductory question) is always linked to a specific participants information (acquired through subset of questions) when exporting the data for e.g. Excel Analysis.
Looking forward to your answers.
Thanks.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 6 months ago #123936 by jelo
Limesurvey isn't offering a looping function. You have to copy questions. You don't need to reimport them. There is a copy button at every question.
You might export and reimport complete groups. But the same variable names are a problem. You need to rename the questions codes after exporting the group. Limesurvey isn't offering a autorename group variables function. Which would be a good feature.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 6 months ago #123945 by holch
Why is the same variable for the same response just to a different question a problem? Just curious. As long as the question ID is different, things should be fine for analysis, shouldn't it?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 6 months ago #123947 by jelo
Perhaps I got it wrong, but I want an easy way to duplicate groups with containing questions.
If you export and import again, you will get an error cause the codes are already used in the survey.
I would like to see a prefix field to allow quicker group duplication.

• holch
More
8 years 6 months ago #123948 by holch
No, my bad. I had still importing questions in my head, not question groups. I usually don't export and import question groups, so I probably never ran into this. Have to do a little test on how this works.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• tpartner
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #123982 by tpartner
@jelo, my manual solution to that is to prefix all question codes with a group identifier (g1q1, g1q2, g1q3...). In a plain-text editor, I open the exported .lsg file and search/replace those group identifiers (g1q --> g2q). Then group import is seamless.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by tpartner.
More
8 years 6 months ago #123990 by jelo
You're right, I should had mentioned that as an Alternative. But a little importhelp via LS would be nice. It was the same with the base languageproblem when importing /exporting in different surveys.

• holch
More
8 years 6 months ago #123995 by holch
Is that base language problem solved? You used "was", so I guess it is? Would be great news.

More
8 years 6 months ago #123997 by jelo

holch wrote: Is that base language problem solved? You used "was", so I guess it is? Would be great news.

No first hand experience. But I followed the changelog and found this entry:

Changes from 2.05+ (build 150520) to 2.06+ (build 150611) Jun 11, 2015
-New feature: allow to select another language when exporting (Denis Chenu)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose