Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Array (dual scale) with dropdown list

• Simply123
  • Simply123's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #123617 by Simply123
Array (dual scale) with dropdown list was created by Simply123
Hi,

I'm preparing a survey and I have a doubt.
I have a question as type array dual scale (dropdown list layout) with an array filter that allows respondents to select from a list (dropdown) several products and then in the list below (next question) people respond to other questions for each line.
For example, first appears a question (Q1) where the respondents have to select the products they use and the next question (Q2) they have to answer about their satisfaction of products selected in Q1.
However, and I think this could be the difficult part, I need that the list that appears and could be selected in Q1 be conditional for each person I send the survey. I.e. for each person, I will send the survey, the list of products (Q1) will be different.
It is possible to do that? How?

Thank you so much
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 7 months ago #123618 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Array (dual scale) with dropdown list
Your description is a little confusing, but I hope I got it right.

You have a question where people choose if they use a certain product or not. In the next line they would answer their satisfaction with only the products they actually use.

So you will set a array filter from Q1 to Q2. This shouldn't be a big deal.

Your second problem is that the first question Q1 should show lists based on the respondent. Since 2.06 you can have conditions / relevance equations based on subquestions / answer options.

So what you could do is have certain custom attributes in the token table and based on these token-attributes you create relevance equations for each answer option in the first question, and thus hide/show it depending on the respondent profile defined in the token table.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Simply123
More
8 years 7 months ago #123621 by Simply123
Replied by Simply123 on topic Array (dual scale) with dropdown list
Thank you for your answer and help.

I'm sorry If my description was a bit confusing, but I want something like I sent in attachment and as appears as an example of array filter in an array dual scale question in here manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Array_dual_scale
Attachments:
  • holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #123622 by holch
Not sure why you put an image/screenshot in word so we have to download it, instead of just uploading it directly to the forum where we can show it immediately without having to open any other application, but I guess you have your reasons. ;-)

However, somehow is what you are showing totally different to what you write. where is the drop down list?

Anyway, your example that you are showing is a little bit more complicated, because you have one text boxes there. So filling in those text boxes and passing them on to the array question is not a problem. The problem is that with the simple solution you will have empty spaces showing, if not all text boxes in the first question are filled.

However, I think I remember that Tpartner posted a Javascript solution for this problem in the forum.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• Simply123
More
8 years 7 months ago #123623 by Simply123
Replied by Simply123 on topic Array (dual scale) with dropdown list
I sent the attach as an example. The first part that appears as text boxes I preferred to appear as dropdown list.
  • holch
More
8 years 7 months ago #123627 by holch
Well, this can be done as I described in my first post.

• tpartner
  • Away
More
8 years 7 months ago #123639 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Array (dual scale) with dropdown list

...I preferred to appear as dropdown list.

You cannot select multiple items in a drop-down, you will need to use multiple choice - manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Multiple_choice

As for the dynamic list and filtering, Holch's answer is spot on.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose