Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Are we able to view uploaded files within the notification email?

• DOwen
  • DOwen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #122995 by DOwen
Hi Denis,

Thanks for your reply. Sounds good although I'm not quite sure what you mean and how this works?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 8 months ago #122998 by tpartner
I think what Denis means is that he creates the "report" content for the email in a hidden (by CSS or JS) text-display question and then simply pipes that question into the email template. This may give some more flexibility with Expression Manager when creating the "report".

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DOwen
More
8 years 8 months ago #122999 by DOwen
Thanks for replying! I think I'd probably need a walkthrough with this one if I was to pursue this as it's confused me a little.

I'm finding it difficult trying to imagine how I'd collect the report data into the question?
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 8 months ago #123003 by DenisChenu

tpartner wrote: I think what Denis means is that he creates the "report" content for the email in a hidden (by CSS or JS) text-display question and then simply pipes that question into the email template. This may give some more flexibility with Expression Manager when creating the "report".

Hi,

It's not for fexilibility, it's for quick control ;) . And i directly use manual.limesurvey.org/QS:Hidden when it's OK.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • DOwen
More
8 years 8 months ago #123007 by DOwen
Still struggling with this idea, I think I'm having a blank moment here!

Also, just figured out I had the root folder wrong so we have corrected that and made sure the permissions are all A-OK. However we've noticed that all uploaded files are being stored as random file names without any file extension, and simply stored as format 'File'.
  • DOwen
More
8 years 8 months ago #123041 by DOwen
So at the moment, I have an email working alright, it could be better, but it works, except for the upload file issue where the files are automatically renamed.

Is there a way to stop it renaming the files or similar?

Thanks!
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 8 months ago #123043 by DenisChenu
Hi,

We need to rename the file :
- 1st : security issue (and actual solution is not good enough)
- 2nd : else another user can replace any file using same filename.

But the directlink with the fu_XXXX giv file access if user are connected to admin.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • DOwen
More
8 years 8 months ago #123046 by DOwen
Hi Denis,

Thanks for your reply! However I don't quite understand what you mean...
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 8 months ago #123076 by DenisChenu
1st : if we don't rename file, it's easy to find the URL, for example : ./surveys/files/curriculum_vitae.pdf can be found easily by any web user.
2nd: Iif we don't rename file : first user send CV.pdf, second user send CV.pdf, third user send CV.pdf .... we have only one file.

• DOwen
More
8 years 8 months ago #123078 by DOwen
OK I understand. So it looks like there's no way of having a direct link inside the email to the correctly named file, primarily due to the fact that there could be multiple files of the same name. It's a shame the system couldn't simply rename any duplicate names to something like 'File.jpg' 'File_1.jpg' 'File_2.jpg' etc etc.

I guess the best way forward is to inform anyone receiving the form that they will need to click the link to save the file and always rename the file to the correct filename and file extension displayed inside the email. However this is likely to confuse some staff members.

Unless you have any other suggestions?
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #123080 by DenisChenu
Hi,

The last function github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...n/responses.php#L858 give the good name when download by admin GUI.

Then you can do something like that for url, with GOOD EM to find the filename (maybe we need json_decode function in EM).
Code:
http://limesurvey.example.net/admin/responses/sa/actionDownloadfile/surveyid/{SID}/iResponseId/{SAVEDID}/sFileName/{stristr(str_replace('name":"', '', stristr(Upload1, 'name":"')), '"', 'true')}

But actually it's maybe better to use some extra Equation QUestion to find all the filenames.

Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • DOwen
More
8 years 8 months ago #123081 by DOwen
This sounds interesting. I'm guessing this basically links to the action to download the file at hand from the Admin GUI? However, would this mean that the person downloading the file would have to be Admin (and logged in)?

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose