Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Beginner : Cannot prevent question groups from showing

• DOwen
  • DOwen's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #122820 by DOwen
Hi all!

I'm new to LimeSurvey and new to the forum. I'm in a panic trying to get this form working by early next week, and have recently joined the team to replace another employee, so its causing me a lot of stress!

I have created a form with an initial question which would determine which question group should show (there are 3 groups, as well as the initial question in its own group), and contain a submit button to end the form. Only one question group needs to show during one session.

However, I'm having an issue where there appears to be no Submit button, but a Next button only at the end of a question group. When Next is clicked, it brings up the next two question groups, as if the form requires all groups to be filled in.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or what I'm missing! Currently, I have conditions set which require a certain answer in the initial first question for all of the questions in the relevant question group to show. This condition is set on all questions.

Can anyone please offer me any assistance? I'd be greatly appreciated, thanks!

:)
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #122828 by tpartner
If all questions in a group are to be hidden under the same condition, it's best to place a relevance setting on the group. See Expression Manager in the manual.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by tpartner.
  • DOwen
More
8 years 7 months ago #122853 by DOwen
Thanks for this. I ended up creating a new form and re-entering most of the data, but all in one question group, then have the form display certain questions depending on which dropdown answer was selected in the initial question.

However, I now have another problem. I've activated the survey, but anyone who tries the link is faced with a 'Not Found' error page, and i can't figure out where the problem lies! Any advice please?
  • DOwen
More
8 years 7 months ago #122873 by DOwen
Managed to resolve this, it was an internal network issue!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose