Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

username/pass for those who take survey, 900 questions with random generation...

• khakimovd
  • khakimovd's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #122434 by khakimovd
Hello,

Thanks a lot for making such a great product for free. You make the world much a better place to be :)

I just found this great product and I do have a few system design questions, before I heavily invest my time in to this product. After fast reading of documentation I already got answers to more then half of my questions. So, my current questions are:

1. I do have 900 questions with answers, and they must be divided in to 15 groups. So, the questionnaire should be generated by taking 6 random questions from each of those 15 groups. Overall 90 questions per "survey".
As from my understanding, I must create groups and after that enter the questions in to that group. So, I shouldn't be having an issue with creating of 15 groups with their questions. But I don't understand how it will generate a random "questionnaire" (test) with 90 questions out of those 900.
It would be cool, if you will point me to the docs of how to do it or even some examples.

2. If the results of the "test" is under the satisfactory range, I should print some certificate. Is that possible, to do it also?

3. Is that possible to collect informations about those who takes the test and save them in to the database for the history tracking? The informations which will be collected are the name, surname, course and etc student's information.

4. Is that possible to ask username/pass for those who is going to take the test?

Again, thanks a lot for all developers who did such a great job.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by khakimovd.
The topic has been locked.
  • khakimovd
More
8 years 8 months ago #122505 by khakimovd
Really? Like it's IMPOSSIble?
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 8 months ago #122510 by tpartner

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: khakimovd
  • khakimovd
More
8 years 8 months ago #122529 by khakimovd
Thanks a lot. That has solved a few more questions. ) I do appreciate it a lot.

Regarding the summary thing (my #2 question). I saw the example, and it generates quite a cool table with all answers. Now, i'm curious if I can somehow generate pdf file out of it?

To the last 2 questions, #3 and #4. Any additional comments?
  • tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 8 months ago #122530 by tammo
#3 Well, you can start with a group with personal questions? That is what I always do.

#4 If you know in advance who you wnat to invite, you can put the names and emails (and possibly other known informationof these people) in the token table and invite them through that table. If you do not not in advance who is going to participate you can indicate that the survey is not anonymous (general settings/tokens) and make people register for the survey with their name and emailaddress.

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
  • khakimovd
More
8 years 8 months ago #122531 by khakimovd
@tammo,

Thanks. For the #3 very smart solution. I might use it.

For #4. If they will need to register, do they have to confirm their registration? I need to identify each person, because once they took a test and if they failed. I could save it in the history, so they would try it one more time. Imagine that I'm doing a test-exam for students. Every student with their own identity, so other students will not mess up other students results.
  • tammo
More
8 years 8 months ago #122535 by tammo
If you use the token table, people will receive an email. If needed you can state in the email that by clicking the link, people agree to share their respons with you, or something like that.

They will not mess up this way, because each student receives a personilized link. You can even personlize the email itself, using the first name and last name that these users supplied you with when registering.

respondage.nl
The following user(s) said Thank You: khakimovd
  • khakimovd
More
8 years 8 months ago #122639 by khakimovd
So far so good. Thanks for all your help.

Now I have the following situation. I've got my survey up and running and I also do have all students information and whatever that I want.

As of now, I'm stuck at analysis part. Let's say someone has finished the survey, and then I want to have a list of those who has give the correct answer to 70% of questions.. How do I do it?

All my questions consist of Type: List (radio) with 4 different answers. I read about piping/tailoring but I didn't get it. In the example of piping/tailoring it gives the result of the answers as the table but there are no analysis has been done.

What I want, is just one hidden field where it will have a percentage of right answers. So, once someone will get 70% of correct answers it will be easy for analytics person to find it out. Right now when I go to statistics table of current live survey it show everything, but it doesn't have that one field which shows that the test has been passed. I want that field to be attached to the particular survey every time it has been finished.

Thanks for all your help.
  • tammo
More
8 years 8 months ago #122640 by tammo
This is a completely different subject. I do not now the answer. I suggest you open a new topic with a clear title.

respondage.nl

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose