Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Find some issue in LimeSurvey

• garvsaxena
  • garvsaxena's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #121412 by garvsaxena
Find some issue in LimeSurvey was created by garvsaxena
Hi to all, Actually I have found some error or issue in lime survey. As when you set your survey to display as Group By Group format, then id you move to the next group with the help of navigator buttons (i.e Next button in the footer), the validation check is working fine, But if your try to move to the next group with the help of Question Index the validation check is bypassed. The validation part is not worked.

This is an error or this is a functionality??? If this is a functionality so please suggest me how to change this, or if this is a issue then suggest me how to resolve this. Please help me its urjent....!!
The topic has been locked.
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 9 months ago #121442 by Mazi
Replied by Mazi on topic Find some issue in LimeSurvey
According to the manual ( manual.limesurvey.org/Survey_settings#Pr...ation_.26_navigation ):
Show question index / allow jumping: Yes/No. Default No. When Yes, an index will be displayed on the right side. Users can jump to any section in the survey. In 2.05 the options have changed to Disabled / Incremental / Full. Disabled and Incremental represent the current No and Yes options. Full always shows all groups / questions, this allows the user to freely navigate through the survey. This might not work for all kinds of conditions.
When using the full question index, users may jump forward but conditions are not checked because you could jump from group 1 to group 3 and questions at group 3 may rely on questions at the manually skipped group 2.
The only way to work around that is using the incremental index.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: garvsaxena
  • garvsaxena
  • garvsaxena's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #121446 by garvsaxena
Replied by garvsaxena on topic Find some issue in LimeSurvey
Thanks Mazi..!!