Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

storing images using Upload File

More
8 years 9 months ago #120721 by jazzy
storing images using Upload File was created by jazzy
Hello LimeSurvey World!

I'm using the Upload File question type to upload an image of a receipt using a smartphone. Works great!

What I can't figure out is how to get that image into my reports. I download the survey results in a CSV file and I see all the information that's in the upload field but I'm doing a mailmerge with Microsoft word and can't figure out how to dynamically show the image.

In the CSV file I get this for the field[{ "title":"","comment":"","size":"82.301","name":"image.jpg","filename":"fu_kdumb4i7mkp5ffa","ext":"jpg" }]

I was kind of hoping it would just be a link :) How do I turn that big thing into this www.xxxxx.com/survey/upload/surveys/7294...s/fu_kdumb4i7mkp5ffa

in order to dynamically show the image in Word? Any ideas would be great.

Cheers!
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 9 months ago #120795 by steve_81
Replied by steve_81 on topic storing images using Upload File
Hi jazzy,

usually you download all the pics from the page "display responses". Then you get a zip-file, which you can extract. The filenames are something with the Respond ID a number of the download and the name of the pic (like: 00035_01_picture.jpg). Maybe you can build a proper link with this information.

I'm not really an expert in microsoft office, so I have not really an idea how you can dynamically insert (even with a proper link) a picture.

Nice greetings
Stefan
More
8 years 9 months ago #121515 by ongkichilam
Replied by ongkichilam on topic storing images using Upload File
Hi, are you able to find a solution for this?
More
8 years 8 months ago #122430 by Usapuka
Replied by Usapuka on topic storing images using Upload File
Hi jazzy,

I suppose if you can get the "filename" information (fu_kdumb4i7mkp5ffa), then you can inform the location of the different images (in this case www.xxxxx.com/survey/upload/surveys/7294...s/fu_kdumb4i7mkp5ffa ).
Due to I have a similar problem, I just posted the question about how to get that information.

Greetings

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose