Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

List with multiple comment

• Sabowano_16007
  • Sabowano_16007's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 9 months ago #120673 by Sabowano_16007
List with multiple comment was created by Sabowano_16007
Is it possible to have a question like this:

Q: Type any subjects you have undertaken for your Major; and then indicate if it is successfully completed or currently completing

Subject Unit (text field) X Completed (radio) X Currently completing (radio)

At the moment these are separate questions i.e. "Type any subjects for your Major you have successfully completed" then "currently completing. (multiple texts) I think it's kludgy. Thanks very much.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 9 months ago #120675 by holch
Replied by holch on topic List with multiple comment
You can try to use the workaround to join several questions visually into one:
manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Quest...stion_types_in_array

But wouldn't a list of subjects make more sense? I assume that each Major has only certain subjects that they can complete. Because otherwise, analysis will be difficult, because whenever you have text fields you have to "recode" the answers somehow, which is a lot of work, especially when you have a lot of students. I am sure there will many different versions of each subject (typos, short versions, capital or not capital, etc.).

In this case you could use a multiple answer question for what subjects they undertake or have undertaken and then via the array filter you can provide them with those subjects where they can mark whether the currently complete it or have already successfully completed it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Sabowano_16007
  • Sabowano_16007's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
8 years 9 months ago #120676 by Sabowano_16007
Replied by Sabowano_16007 on topic List with multiple comment
I wish universities made more sense! If I had a finite list of subject units from 2011 I certainly would use that as you suggest. At any rate this is to give the students something to print out so their mentor can see which units they need to finish. It's the beginning of a large project so I will have to do the best I can. Thanks for the tip I'm looking at it now. Your time is much appreciated.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose