Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Delphi Study with LimeSurvey

• dchristian
  • dchristian's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #120627 by dchristian
Delphi Study with LimeSurvey was created by dchristian
Hello everybody!

I'm conducting a Delphi Study at the university at this point, which consists of several iterations of the survey and I’m wondering if anyone knows some tweaks for solving the following two problems:

1) Although the survey questions will be the same beginning with the second round of survey, in the first round we want to give our participants the possibility to say their opinions using a free field. This opinions will be used to add extra questions in the survey in the second round.

Here is what I do: after the first round I’ve exported the survey results, iterate the survey, afterwards I’ve stop it. I’ve added the extra questions, started the survey, change the exported results file to match the new survey structure (the values of participants answer to the new added questions were set to 0, multiple numerical input), and then imported it. The answers were accepted, but the participant’s answers from the previous round will not be prefilled in the questionnaire, as normally when you iterate a survey.

Is there a way to achieve this using JavaScript?

2) We use sliders (multiple numerical input) in our survey. We will like to display the average value for every question from the results of the previous round. Therefore we would like to display a second fixed slider handle with the mean of results from previous round in the background. I didn’t find any solution for this either.

I would be very thankful for an answer. :)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by dchristian. Reason: Title was changed
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 9 months ago #120637 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Delphi Study with LimeSurvey
1) As far as I know, other than many AJAX calls, there is no simple JavaScript solution to populate answers from a previous survey. And, if you "iterate", the survey table is cleared so answers would not be available for AJAX calls anyway.

2) Again, if you "iterate", there will be no previous data available.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dchristian
  • holch
More
8 years 9 months ago #120643 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Delphi Study with LimeSurvey
What you could do is write the answers to the questions in the first round to the token table as custom attributes. You can then even show the answers in the second question, as you will have access to them with something like {token_attribute1} or something like that. You need to look that up.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: dchristian
  • dchristian
  • dchristian's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #120684 by dchristian
Replied by dchristian on topic Delphi Study with LimeSurvey
Thank you very much! I will try it. ;)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose