Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Inter-alter response matrix

• isa2608
  • isa2608's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #119599 by isa2608
Inter-alter response matrix was created by isa2608
Hello,

my problem relates to social network analysis, especially creating an inter-alter response matrix. I cannot find any possibility of doing this properly, i.e. creating an array with previosly named persons on both the x- and the y-axis. The problem is that grey boxes appear if not all answer options are filled in and that one would have to mark every relationship twice in this array (person C knows person E and, vice versa, person E knows person C).
Is there any possible solution to do this with LimeSurvey? (I guess that there are a couple of people facing the same problem as this is essential for surveys collecting social network data).

Best regards
Isa
The topic has been locked.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 10 months ago #119619 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic Inter-alter response matrix
Hi Isa,

I have experience with SNA Surveys.
I used to use a custom made survey engine for that field, so it is nice to hear that LS is used for that too. It would be great to know how do you use Limesurvey for SNA.

As per your specific question, it seems that a you need some JQuery development snippet to catch the click on control for replicating the click on its mirror control. Do you have someone who can support you in that?

Let me know if I can help any further.

Cheers,

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• isa2608
  • isa2608's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #119645 by isa2608
Replied by isa2608 on topic Inter-alter response matrix
Hi Gabrieljenik,

thanks for your reply. As I am no computer expert (and actually don't have an idea how to implement what you were suggesting) the easiest way for me to ask for the interrelationships within the network is the following:
Create a new question group with one question for each possible relationship ("Think of the relation between {Person A} and {Person B},...") and then randomly ask a specific number of questions of that question group.

Regards,
Isa

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose