Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to identify the answers in a matrix question?

• Usapuka
  • Usapuka's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #119444 by Usapuka
Hi,

Using EM, how can I identify a specific answer in a matrix question?
Please see attachment: I have 3 questions (Q1, Q2, and Q3) with 4 possible answers (A1, A2, A3 and A4): which would be the identification of the twelve possible answers?

Thanks!
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Usapuka.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 10 months ago #119445 by holch
No attachement.

But to see how a question is setup and what the answeroptions look like, you would go for the "survey logic file", which will show you how a question is setup, which options it offers, etc.

In your case i assum that the subquestions are Q1, Q2 and Q3 or are this actual matrix questions?

As this is not clear, we will create an example here. Let us assume we have a matrix question "MQ1" with the subquestions A1, A2, A3. The scale is from 1-5.

So to get to the responses to subquestion A1, you will have to access the following: MQ1_A1.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Usapuka
More
8 years 10 months ago #119447 by Usapuka
Hi holch,

Thank you for your answer.

I would like to identify exactly each of the possible answers. With "MQ1_A1", in the equation {if(!is_empty(MQ1_A1),"True","False")} for any answer of the A1 row I have "True". How to get "True" only when the second column (Regular) is selected?

Regards,
Attachments:
  • holch
More
8 years 10 months ago #119448 by holch
True/false only works for multiple answer questions.

In your case the result of MQ1_A1 would be (depending on the code of the scale) probably 1,2,3 or 4 (depending on the code of the scale).

Let's assume "Insatsifactorio" is code 1, "regular" is code 2, etc.

So if you want to know if people answered "Regular" you need to do something like {if MQ1_A1 == 1}.

You can check what the outcome of this question is, when you look at the survey logic file. You can also add a text output question type and put the code MQ1_A1 in. You will see what happens when someone answers "regular" for this question. I do this when I am not sure what the outcome would be.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Usapuka
  • Usapuka
More
8 years 10 months ago #119470 by Usapuka
Thanks holch!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose