Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Can [Print Your Answer] page and its [PDF Export] shows the Seq Num of Question

• kmanapp
  • kmanapp's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #119398 by kmanapp
Hi Friends,

Would you please advise if it is possible to also incorporate the [Response ID] field in the printable answer PDF (i.e. the [Export PDF] button) and the [Print your answers] page?

Such [Response ID] is important for the participant's audit and record filing purpose. They can have a precise knowledge about the answers they had inputted are relevant to which Response ID stored in the survey system database. In case there is any question, the participant can refer to such unique [Response ID] for checking easily.

Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by kmanapp.
The topic has been locked.
  • kmanapp
More
8 years 10 months ago #119399 by kmanapp
Hi Friends,

I think anyone of you might have customized LimeSurvey very much, especially the [Print your answers] page and its [PDF Export]. It is very appreciated if anyone of you could share your experience in customizing it.

Currently, I would like to ask if such [Print your answers] page and the [PDF Export] can show Question's sequential number as well.

Thanks.
  • kmanapp
More
8 years 10 months ago #119400 by kmanapp
Hi Friends,

Would you please advise if it is possible to specifically set some questions to be invisible from the [Print Your Answer] page and the [Export PDF] file, because in fact they are not survey questions but are dummy questions for the purpose of review (please see this thread for details: www.limesurvey.org/en/forum/future-features/99552 ).

Are there any build-in feature / option in the LimeSurvey enabling such setup per question easily?

Or I have to go into the code level to customize it by myself? (Hope it wont' happen, as I am not a programmer, it is very hard and time consuming for me to learn/understand programming code)

Thanks.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #119404 by DenisChenu
Actually : you can do your own "Print survey" Plugin and use a afterSurveyCompleted event to add the print link.

Core system are not updatable easily, but you can do a fork of LS core too.

PS: i put you 3 message in one : same question "How to update the Print your answer" core system.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by DenisChenu.
  • kmanapp
More
8 years 10 months ago #119408 by kmanapp
Thanks DenisChenu for helping to integrate three similar posts into single posts.

Would you please elaborate further as to the "Print Survey" plugin as well as the "afterSurveyCompleted" event. I have no idea of where/how to approach them.

Thanks.
  • DenisChenu
  • Away
More
8 years 10 months ago #119426 by DenisChenu
Hi

A PHP developer can do a plugin to have own "Print survey" system.

Using:
- manual.limesurvey.org/AfterSurveyComplete to add content with the link to a new page
- manual.limesurvey.org/NewDirectRequest to construct the own print survey page.

Need real PHP dev.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • kmanapp
More
8 years 9 months ago #120961 by kmanapp
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your suggestion! If I simply want to incorporate the [Response ID] in the printable answer PDF, where can I start with. Can please explain the concept with steps. It will be appreciated if you can at the same time explain the mechanism and workflow as to how LimeSurvey produce a Printable format. Thanks.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose