Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

hidden multiple choice question for array filter

• marcic
  • marcic's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #119183 by marcic
I have been trying to implement the hidden multiple choice question from two single choice question with no luck this far. I have been trying to implement the solutions proposed by tpartner but cannot comprehend the code needed.

Consider I have two questions:

xc06 "Have you smoked during your lifetime?" with 7 options ranging from None to 40+ times
xc07 "How many cigarettes have you smoked during last 30 days?" with 6 options ranging from Not at all to 20+ per day

The xc07 is not shown to those answering psotive to first question.

Then I have computed two hidden equations (eqsm1 for lifetime smokign status and eqsm2 for current smoking) with status 0 indicating nonsmoker and 1 - smoker.

The question I'd like to filter based on these equations is an array with two rows and a number of columns for age when they started smoking.

Once I would have the multiple choice question from those answers in two equations I'd be able to filter the array.

Anybody can assist me with the code for a hidden multiple choice question in such scenario?

Thank you in advance,

Marcis

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...2718.lss
File Size:32 KB
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #119235 by tpartner
Assuming that "xc06" is the first list-radio on the page and "xc07" is the second list-radio on the page, inserting this (somewhat expanded) script in the source of the multiple choice will hide that question and toggle the corresponding check-boxes when "xc06" and "xc07" get a value greater than 1. Array filter does the rest.

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">  
  $(document).ready(function() {

// Identify the questions
    var thisQuestion = $('#question{QID}');
    var radio1 = $('.list-radio:eq(0)');
    var radio2 = $('.list-radio:eq(1)');

// Hide this question
    thisQuestion.hide();

// Listeners on the radios
    $('input.radio', radio1).click(function(e) {
      var checkBox =$('input.checkbox:eq(0)', thisQuestion);
      if(this.value > 1) {
        checkBox.prop('checked', true).next('input[type="hidden"]').attr('value', 'Y');
      }
      else {
        checkBox.prop('checked', false).next('input[type="hidden"]').attr('value', '');
      }
      checkconditions(checkBox.attr('value'), checkBox.attr('name'), checkBox.attr('type'))
    });  
    $('input.radio', radio2).click(function(e) {
      var checkBox =$('input.checkbox:eq(1)', thisQuestion);
      if(this.value > 1) {
        checkBox.prop('checked', true).next('input[type="hidden"]').attr('value', 'Y');
      }
      else {
        checkBox.prop('checked', false).next('input[type="hidden"]').attr('value', '');
      }
      checkconditions(checkBox.attr('value'), checkBox.attr('name'), checkBox.attr('type'))
    });  
  });  
</script>

Sample survey:

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...7181.lss
File Size:33 KB

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by tpartner.
  • marcic
  • marcic's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #119450 by marcic
Thank you tpartner. But do you think is there a way that this can be implemented as question-by-question?

Best,

Marcis
  • tpartner
More
8 years 10 months ago #119458 by tpartner
No, you won't be able to use a hidden multiple- choice in question-by-question mode.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose