Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Input data from a MySQL database

• InnovativeMe
  • InnovativeMe's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #119022 by InnovativeMe
Input data from a MySQL database was created by InnovativeMe
At the end of the survey I would like to say "Thank you for completing the introductory survey. Now please use the name User001 to login to the experience survey."

Thus I would like to assign a username (from a list of usernames that I've created) to each respondent, and also keep a record of which respondent was assigned each username.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this easily? I'm thinking this has something to do with inputting data from a MySQL database...?
The topic has been locked.
  • InnovativeMe
More
8 years 11 months ago #119023 by InnovativeMe
Replied by InnovativeMe on topic Input data from a MySQL database
The closest documentation that I can find on inputting data from a MySQL database is from the autocomplete workaround (scroll down a little to "3. Input from a MySQL database").

Does anyone have any ideas/documentation on how to input data specifically for the purpose described above?
  • InnovativeMe
More
8 years 11 months ago #119217 by InnovativeMe
Replied by InnovativeMe on topic Assign username/dummy-email addresses to respondents
Just in case anyone else wants to assign a username or dummy email addresses at the end of a survey (maybe for use in future external survey or application), I found a far easier workaround than having to deal with the database... outlined below.

In my case I needed to assign a username/email address to participants of my public survey (without registration) which they can use to sign-into other survey software (a mobile application for an experience sampling survey which requires registration), without a lag-time of me doing it manually with their actual email address.

As LimeSurvey automatically assigns a predictable ID to each response, it's as simple as utilising this ID. As mentioned on the following page ( manual.limesurvey.org/URL_fields#Basic_fields ) inserting this code in your survey {SAVEDID} will input the LimeSurvey response ID. This number is allocated sequentially for each response. I inserted the ID with some additional text, in order to use it as a dummy email address:{SAVEDID}ime@example.com, with a static password: 54321. This information was inserted into the End Message and also included in the email confirmation for future reference.

A nice tip that I found for creating dummy email addresses for import into the other application (particularly in a sequential manner such as in this case) is to use the following formula in Excel: =ROW()&"ime@example.com"

Hopefully that is helpful to someone! :)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose