Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Asking same set of questions for dynamic number of people

• TDynamics
  • TDynamics's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #119005 by TDynamics
Hello all,

Trying to build a survey that is very complicated in comparison to most of the other surveys that I have to create.

Survey asks for the name, DOB, relationship to the person filling it out, and another multiple choice question for the individual's parents and maternal and paternal grandparents (those relationships are mandatory) as well as siblings, aunts and uncles, and cousins.

I am trying to find a way to where I can re-ask the questions for all relationship types a variable number of times instead of limiting the person filling it out to "X" number of people of that particular relationship type.

For example,

I have 3 siblings, but I know two other people personally that have 15 siblings (not the same family). Instead of putting in all those questions for at least 15 siblings and having them show up based on them selecting that they have 15 siblings (where would the number cap be?) is there a way for them to say "Add another relative" and then they can select the relationship as many times as necessary and fill it out.

Secondary problem would be how would I store it all? Is there a way to store the answers to a Token Attribute?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 11 months ago #119006 by holch
No, there is no "looping" in Limesurvey. You would have to create questions for as many respondents that you would expect.

Not sure what you mean with "how would I store it all".

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: TDynamics
  • TDynamics
  • TDynamics's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #119008 by TDynamics
If there is no looping, then the storage question is not a problem. I spent a few hours yesterday trying to find a workaround for this. Thank you though for your help.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose