Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Challenges while Upgrading to LimeSurvye 3.1

• Kevin
  • Kevin's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #163027 by Kevin
I am not sure which directories to place the custom templates from the upload directory of version 2.**. I added more details in # 12 below.

Challenges during setup.

1. I got an index error so I gave the user index permission.

2. I got errors about tables. So, I removed the tables that I created.
Code:
DROP TABLE survey_report_2, tmp2

3. I Can't update the datbase because tutorials and tutorials_entry_relation exists.
So, I removed the 2 tutorial tables

4. An non-recoverable error happened during the update. Error details:
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1075 Incorrect table definition;
there can be only one auto column and it must be defined as a key. The SQL statement executed was: ALTER TABLE survey_labels DROP PRIMARY KEY
File updatedb_helper.php, line 538.

I copied the values from id to lid. Made lid auto increment and the primary key
Code:
update labels set lid = id
Code:
SELECT * FROM labels
# lid, code, title, sortorder, language, assessment_value, id
1 1 Never 0 en 0 1

5. It's complaining about the tutorial tables I removed.

An non-recoverable error happened during the update. Error details:
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'starrevi_survey.survey_tutorials' doesn't exist. The SQL statement executed was: CREATE UNIQUE INDEX `idx1_tutorials` ON `survey_tutorials` (`name`)
File updatedb_helper.php, line 1054.

6. The id column was automatically added to the labels table.

7. An non-recoverable error happened during the update. Error details:
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'map_tutorial_users' already exists. The SQL statement executed was: CREATE TABLE `map_tutorial_users` ( `tid` int NOT NULL, `uid` int DEFAULT NULL, `taken` int DEFAULT 1 ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci
File updatedb_helper.php, line 1040.

Remove survey_map_tutorial_users
Code:
DROP TABLE map_tutorial_users

8. An non-recoverable error happened during the update. Error details:
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'tutorial_entry_relation' already exists. The SQL statement executed was: CREATE TABLE `tutorial_entry_relation` ( `teid` int NOT NULL, `tid` int NOT NULL, `uid` int DEFAULT NULL, `sid` int DEFAULT NULL ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci
File updatedb_helper.php, line 1049.
Code:
Drop table tutorial_entry_relation

9. An non-recoverable error happened during the update. Error details:
CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table 'map_tutorial_users' already exists. The SQL statement executed was: CREATE TABLE `map_tutorial_users` ( `tid` int NOT NULL, `uid` int DEFAULT NULL, `taken` int DEFAULT 1 ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci
File updatedb_helper.php, line 1040.
Code:
Drop table map_tutorial_users

10. Trying to look at the stats from a survey
Error: Malformed JSON: Field files_js must be either a JSON array or the string "inherit". Found "inherit".

11. From the config page. I chose Template: bootstrap and Screen: Question
Unable to find template "./subviews/content/.twig" (looked into: /srv/www/survey/public_html/themes/survey/bootswatch/views, /srv/www/survey/public_html/themes/survey/vanilla/views).

12. I am not sure where to place the custom template files from the upload directory in version 2.**
Copying the files from upload/themes/survey/ to upload/themes/survey/ did not work.
I am not sure if frontend_helper.php is needed in the upload dir.

Updated:
I noticed an insatll button on the template config page. So, I clicked on it but I got a message, "Theme 'Cross_Compatible' has been uninstalled because it's not compatible with this LimeSurvey version". I hope I can get them to work because I hired someone to create the templates.

Error: Can't find a template for 'custom' in xpath '//viewdirectory'.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Kevin.
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 2 months ago #163028 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Challenges while Upgrading to LimeSurvye 3.1
For now, LS3 is not offered in the comfortUpdate as an upgrade for 2.x
It will be the case pretty soon, so hold on.

It's a great thing that you're trying to create a custom survey theme. I'd rather suggest you to do it on the base of a clean LS 3.x installation. If the person you hired experienced difficulties to do it, tell him that he can come to the forum to ask for help, or even open some bug reports. I will personally help him (I wrote the new theme engine) . This will help us to prepare the documentation.

For now, you can also read this article:
manual.limesurvey.org/New_Template_System_in_LS3.x
  • Kevin
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #163058 by Kevin
Thanks very much for your reply and for all of the hard work that you and others have done on the software. I created a script to update the files instead of using comfort update. I can't find my previous postings where someone helped (maybe it was you) but I changed a line in the config file and placed custom files in the upload directory. I was attempting to use buttons for a mobile device like others have used. I can do some coding but I dont know enough about how to make things look good with css, bootstrap, etc.. Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by Kevin.
  • Kevin
More
6 years 2 months ago #163064 by Kevin
I am unable to select a question type (yes/no, text box, etc.) while attempting to add a question to a copied survey.
More
6 years 2 months ago #163076 by jelo
You might report this via the bugtracker.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • Kevin
More
6 years 1 month ago #163099 by Kevin
Thanks. I attempted to submit it in bug tracker but I can't determine how to submit a bug. I don't see add new or anything relevant.

For anyone seeing this:
limesurvey3.1.0+180124
Using a survey from version 2.67.3+170728
Firefox and Chrome were both used
Edit question and create new question.
Question Type: Highlight Yes / No or any value.
The button to select is not highlighted so it cannot be selected.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 1 month ago #163126 by holch
When you log in (same credentials as in the forum) you see a "report issue" in the top right corner just next to your username.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
6 years 1 month ago #163179 by jelo
Sometimes the tracker seems to be in guestmode. So people are having no submitrights.

You might need to logout as guest and login with your user-credentials via bugs.limesurvey.org/login_page.php

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
More
6 years 1 month ago #163240 by Gequinn
Replied by Gequinn on topic Challenges while Upgrading to LimeSurvye 3.1

Kevin wrote: 11. From the config page. I chose Template: bootstrap and Screen: Question
Unable to find template "./subviews/content/.twig" (looked into: /srv/www/survey/public_html/themes/survey/bootswatch/views, /srv/www/survey/public_html/themes/survey/vanilla/views).

I'm also having this exact issue and I've been unable to find out why and searching the forums has not yielded me any results. It seems to be looking for a nonexistent file.

• LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #163242 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic Challenges while Upgrading to LimeSurvye 3.1
this bug has been fixed in latest version.
More
6 years 1 month ago #163245 by Gequinn
Replied by Gequinn on topic Challenges while Upgrading to LimeSurvye 3.1
I'm using Version 3.1.1+180130 - it was released today. Is there another version that's come out since the time I've upgraded?

I upgraded from 3.1.0+180124 to 3.1.1+180130 this morning. I was having the same issue in 3.1.0+180124 as well.

Before that I was using 2.67.3+170728 without any issues.
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #163449 by Big_Lemon
Replied by Big_Lemon on topic Challenges while Upgrading to LimeSurvye 3.1
Same Issue for me with Ubuntu 16.04:

"Unable to find template "./subviews/content/.twig" (looked into: /var/www/html/limesurvey/themes/survey/fruity/views, /var/www/html/limesurvey/themes/survey/vanilla/views)."

with: Limesurvey Version 3.1.1+180130

Any Solutions so far? :/
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Big_Lemon.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose