Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Ranking question + tailoring (combination expression+scripting) don't match up

• envitera
  • envitera's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #117258 by envitera
This is probably a tiny thing to solve, but it's placed in a complex survey which I can't expose and there is plenty of customization inserted. I think somebody from the limesurvey staff will have to inspect this as the survey is currently activated and the credit for responses has been payed.

The problem appeared from nowhere. It's about hiding all the predefined ranking boxes which don't receive a name in a previous question.

An example is attached, but here everything seems fine. In the example provided no errors are invoked.

Before the ranking an existing list is presented with 10 additional empty fields in case the users would like to add more elements into the list:

In the next group the first question is a multiple numerical input question where fields of the elements from the list are filled with a number (1) and the fields corresponding to the optionally added elements with a condition:
Code:
{if(is_empty(IVintro_1),'',1)}
This question is also hidden using this code:
Code:
$(document).ready(function(){
  $('#question{QID}').hide();
});

Therefore in the following questions ranking boxes are shown based on non-empty fields. Even if the attached example works, this is the real situation. There's nothing to rank:

The logic files for the example and for the online survey are both error free.
Thanks for the inspection and further propositions.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey...king.lss
File Size:48 KB
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 1 month ago #117271 by DenisChenu

zer0mode wrote: [...]
I think somebody from the limesurvey staff will have to inspect this as the survey is currently activated and the credit for responses has been payed.
[...]

limesurvey!=limeservice

limeservice is the hosting services by Carsten Schmitz, the lead devlopper of LimeSurvey.

:)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • envitera
More
9 years 1 month ago #117275 by envitera
Hi Denis,

Thanks for the reminder. I opened a ticket.
Anyway, the Community Support forums on LimeSurvey.org is also stated as a source of help and I guess everybody can profit from the posted issues, including the advanced users with profound knowledge.
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 1 month ago #117276 by DenisChenu
Maybe some caching issue, working on last version.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • envitera
More
9 years 1 month ago #117277 by envitera
True, first I thought it was the caching. I deleted the history and refreshed the session and at first it worked. But that doesn't help anymore. Maybe I just missed something obvious here. I'll see how it turns with the ticket.
  • DenisChenu
More
9 years 1 month ago #117302 by DenisChenu
Attention : i think it CAN NOT work in preview mode.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose