Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Design Question

• alexdp
  • alexdp's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 week ago #133254 by alexdp
Design Question was created by alexdp
Hello to you all,

I want two distinct individuals to complete the same survey (the same record in the database). The first person (member) will answer some questions (10 questions) then submit it. On submission, a second individual will (evaluator) receive an email which will inform him that a member has submitted a completed his part of the survey. On reception, the second individual will access the info submitted by the first person and he will review the answers given then answer some questions for himself (example : The second individual reads the answer to question 1 entered by the first person then decides that he will give him 3 points for it. He will enter this score in the answer box of a question that was hidden from the first person). The second individual, will also answer some questions (previously hidden to the first person). After answering all the questions, the second individual will get a report with all the answers coming from the first questionnaire plus the score he gave to each questions fo the first questionnaire, plus the answers to the second part of the questionnaire he completed himself. All this followed by the summary.

Rereading the last paragraph, I got confused. I imagine some of you feel the same. Essentially, I want to know if it is possible for two or more person to complete different parts of a unique questionnaire completed originally by the first person who completed his part of the questionnaire.

In other words, I have members and people who will review the answers of these members. It would be nice if once the member submit his answers, the reviewer could annotate his comments regarding the answers given by the member. The reviewer could also answer other questions. All of this on a unique questionnaire for a given member.

If it is not possible, do you suggest I do separate questionnaires, export the data in a database and try to merge the two questionnaires ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

AlexDP
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 week ago #133255 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Design Question
This is not possible out of the box. What you could try is the two different questionnaires.

You ask the first one his questions, then you export those answers and include it as custom variables to the token table for the second questionnaire. Via Expression Manager you can access those custom variables from the token table and display them in the second questionaire.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• tpartner
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #133265 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Design Question
I think you may be able to do it with a single survey with " Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token " and " Enable token-based response persistence " both set to "Yes".

Add a "password" question for the evaluator. If that is empty or wrong (while the member completes the survey), all of the evaluator's questions and reports can be hidden with relevance.

You can use relevance in the " Send basic admin notification email " field so the evaluator gets a notice when the member completes. He/she can then restart the survey seeing all previously answered questions.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by tpartner.
  • alexdp
More
8 years 1 week ago #133268 by alexdp
Replied by alexdp on topic Design Question
Hello Mr Holch,
Thank you for your suggestions. It help me a lot in continuing my thinking about this project. The boss asked me for an easy to implement and to manage solution that has to be dummy proof since the office secretary and the inspectors are not computer savy. If I cannot find another solution, I will probably try yours.
Thanks again
  • alexdp
More
8 years 1 week ago #133269 by alexdp
Replied by alexdp on topic Design Question
Hello Mr TPartner,
Your comments were very helpful to help me have a better understanding of my needs now.

1. I need a way to make sure the office secretary (the dispatcher of members' answered questionnaires never mist a record so:
An email should be sent to the secretary as soon as a member submits the completed questionnaire
The secretary and the inspectors should have access to the admin section of the survey so they can:
Review the listing of questionnaires submitted (view the list of entered records in the database)
Be able to search the database in order to list all completed records for a given member's number
The secretary will dispatch a given member's questionnaire to an available inspector so he can review the questionnaire
The inspector should be able to find and display the questionnaire for editing. With a password he will reveal hidden questions
Once the inspector has entered his data, a report should be displayed summarizing the conclusions and decision of the inspector

If I could implement this solution, it would be great. Some of the stuff I can do (conditional display of question I can do).
But some questions remain such as:
Is it possible to give access to a given answered questionnaire without going into admin section ? (the secretary could send a memo to the inspector with the way to access the questionnaire)
Is it possible for the secretary to edit a given questionnaire from admin just as she would do it from the member's perspective ? (with all the validations and stuff as opposed to editing the fields in the database)
All the data collected will be exported and later on imported in some statistical software. Instead of exporting and importing is it possible to access the limesurvey database directly ? Is this advisable or will it put the integrity of the data in danger ?(just like phpMyAdmin)

Thanks again for your generosity

Note : If I reach (or should I say when I reach) my level of incomptency, I will need some professional help (for sure paid help). Does any one of you has an interest in this project ? If so let me know

Best regards to you all

AlexDP
More
8 years 1 week ago #133271 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Design Question
Post a note when your project is done. I am eager to know if you really will use Limesurvey.
I think Mazi did implement a 360° feedback survey with LS.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • tpartner
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #133282 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Design Question

Is it possible to give access to a given answered questionnaire without going into admin section ?

Yes, as mentioned, use tokens and set "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token" and "Enable token-based response persistence" to "Yes".

Is it possible for the secretary to edit a given questionnaire from admin just as she would do it from the member's perspective ?

The secretary can edit responses from the " Browse responses " screen but it would likely be easier to simply use the token as an inspector would - this would give the full functionality of the survey.

...is it possible to access the limesurvey database directly ?

This is out of my area of expertise but searching the forum should yield several threads on it (maybe like this one ).

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by tpartner.
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 1 week ago #133286 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Design Question
Hi,

With some security (user can not update his answres)
Think the best and easiest way is :
- Set Survey "Allow multiple responses or update responses with one token" and Enable token-based response persistence"
- Update the token in afterSUrveyCompleted: just add 'sec' at end for example : it ytoken table and survey table
- Send the email to the secretary with the new token : allow to edit answers
- User old token are invalid now.

I already do a system like this : each token have 2 code.
-> submitted first : 2nd code is put at token and an email was sent to "validators"
-> The validators have a checkbox more with "This survey is OK" : if he not check this :
-> Update ahgan the code : send to the first user
-> etc ....

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alexdp
More
8 years 1 week ago #133291 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Design Question

DenisChenu wrote: With some security (user can not update his answres)
Think the best and easiest way is :

It isn't clear to me where additional code is needed. The other solutions stayed inside the box.
Isn't the user always able to update his answers when multiple responses and persistence is enabled?

BTW: Since you mentioned AfterSurveyComplete:
manual.limesurvey.org/AfterSurveyComplete
The manual states

This event happen before end message is shown but after Autoload URL redirection is done.

Before end message but after redirection? How is that working?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • DenisChenu
More
8 years 1 week ago - 8 years 1 week ago #133294 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Design Question

jelo wrote: BTW: Since you mentioned AfterSurveyComplete:
manual.limesurvey.org/AfterSurveyComplete
The manual states

This event happen before end message is shown but after Autoload URL redirection is done.

Before end message but after redirection? How is that working?

Here :
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/ma...ntimeHelper.php#L841

We do:
  1. Core redirection
  2. Plugin event
  3. Show plugins contents
  4. Show core message
I think it's a bug bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=9851 and we must fix this system. Maybe like afterQuotaCompleted : allo update of redirect/url/message .... in the plugin itself.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 8 years 1 week ago by DenisChenu.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose