Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to use ranking type question answer in other question?

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 3 months 1 week ago #103519

• MarcellavZ
  • Fresh Lemon
Yes, off course but it is in Dutch so I don't know if it would be of any help..

The link to the survey is:
survey.fss.uu.nl/416242/lang-nl-informal

The question is about the last 2 questions. The answer of the second last question needs to be linked to the text of the follow up question.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 3 months 1 week ago #103524

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 690
No, I mean attach an export of a sample survey containing the pertinent groups so I can see your question codes, etc.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 3 months 1 week ago #103526

• MarcellavZ
  • Fresh Lemon
I'm sorry. I just started so it's all abracadabra for me. I exported two files, but when I export my survey structure I get a blank file. My computer can't open it, bu you will find it under .lss. The other file I exported was a 'tab-sepereted-values format' and that one is a PDF file. The questions where it is about are marked in yellow. I don't know if this is the export you mean, but I can't export anymore. Thanks anyway for the quick responding and your help!
Attachments:

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 3 months 1 week ago #103527

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
Okay. it's the .lss file that I was looking for.

I'm not sure why you are using a multiple-choice for question "gs" and then limit the answers to 1 selection.

I would use a List (Radio) for question "gs" and set "other comment mandatory" to yes.

Then your expression for the piped text in the following question could be:
{if(gs.shown != '-oth-', gs.shown, gs_other.shown)}

This effectively says:
- If gs does not equal "Other", display the radio label
- Otherwise, display the "Other" text input value

Here is your survey back with those changes made.

File Attachment:

File Name: limesurvey_survey_416242_MODIFIED.lss
File Size: 44 KB

Oh, and I noticed several invalid question codes. They should all be unique, consist of only letters and numbers with no spaces and start with a letter.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by tpartner.

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 3 months 1 week ago #103536

• MarcellavZ
  • Fresh Lemon
Good morning! Thank you very much. I woke up very happy seeing that it works now. Thanks for the tips. I will change it immediately. And I see that you changed the lay-out. Much better now (how you did it, I don't know but than again I am still learning and I have a long way to go). Thanks again!

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 3 months 6 days ago #103733

• MarcellavZ
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello again!

I have a small follow-up question. I tried everything with the expression below but it isn't coming out as I want it to. So I hope you can give me some help again... Now I want use an answer for a next question but this question doesn't have the option 'other'. So the expression below does not work. What is the expression for a same type of question (list:radio) but with no option to choose 'other' and only choose out of fixed options?

Thanks again and sorry for the so many questions.

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 3 months 5 days ago #103748

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
That should just be like this:

{gs.shown}
Cheers,
Tony Partner

• Page:
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds
Donation Image