Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Can I choose a set number of options from multiple lists?

Can I choose a set number of options from multiple lists? 1 year 6 months ago #105817

• Johan
  • Fresh Lemon
Hi everybody,

is there a way to have a minimum and maximum number of options to choose from several list-type questions?
In my survey I have 4 Lists which all feature 5 options. Participants are asked to select a total number of 7 options out of the 4 lists. Is there a ways to define something like minimum/maxiumum number for a set of lists?
Alternatively, is there a way to define something like blocks with specific headlines in one list?

thanks in advance,
J.
à chacun son goût
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can I choose a set number of options from multiple lists? 1 year 6 months ago #105822

• tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Thank you received: 1049
Place everything in a single multiple-choice question. Set up your survey to use JavaScript and add something like this to the question source:

<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">	
	$(document).ready(function(){

// Identify the question
		var q1ID = {QID};
		var q1 = $('#question'+q1ID+'');

$('.question-item:eq(0)', q1).before('<li style="font-weight:bold;">Sub-Label 1</li>');
		$('.question-item:eq(5)', q1).before('<li style="font-weight:bold;">Sub-Label 2</li>');
		$('.question-item:eq(10)', q1).before('<li style="font-weight:bold;">Sub-Label 3</li>'); 
	});
</script>

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johan

Can I choose a set number of options from multiple lists? 1 year 6 months ago #105924

• Johan
  • Fresh Lemon
Awesome! Thanks a lot!
à chacun son goût
Moderators: ITEd
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds