LimeSurvey 1.85RC2 released - drops PHP4 support!
We had a great week and lots of feedback for the last RC version so we (the LimeSurvey team) were able to fix alot of important things (yay!). In other news we decided to drop PHP4 support for this version since it created too many problems.
This new RC version is alot more stable and we even managed to implement a couple new things:
- A redesigned template editor
- Updated appearance of statistics
- Caching for statistics graphs - this speeds up repeated statistics up to 90%
- Real MS SQL UTF-8 support using ODBTP database driver
- New question attribute for multiple options to enforce an input if the user chose 'Other'
- When working with multilingual surveys the last chosen tab will be remembered after saving
Also to keep LimeSurvey alot more maintainable and making updates easier in the feature we removed the following templates ( these are available now in our file repository instead):
Another change is that the standard-set of the remaining 10 templates in the LimeSurvey package cannot be edited anymore. If you want to edit a template just create a copy - that way there is no possible danger that your template will be overwritten on your next update.
Read the detailed change log or download your copy now !