LimeSurvey 2.x currently offers:
- Unlimited number of surveys at the same time
- Unlimited number of questions in a survey (only limited by your database)
- Unlimited number of participants to a survey
- Multi-lingual surveys
- 28 different question types with more to come
- WYSIWYG HTML editor
- Quotas management
- Integration of pictures and movies into a survey
- Creation of a printable survey version
- Conditions for questions depending on earlier answers (Skip Logic / Branching)
- Piping and Micro-tailoring using a powerful expression engine
- Re-usable editable answer sets
- Ready-made importable questions
- Assessment surveys
- Anonymous and Not-Anonymous survey
- Open and closed group of participant surveys
- Optional public registration for surveys
- Sending of invitations, reminders and tokens by email
- Option for participants to buffer answers to continue survey at a later time
- Cookie or session based surveys
- Template editor for creating your own page layout
- Extended and user-friendly administration interface
- Back-office data entry possibility
- Survey expiry dates for automation
- Enhanced import and export functions to text, CSV, PDF, SPSS, R, queXML and MS Excel format
- Basic statistical and graphical analysis with export facility
- Screen Reader Accessiblity
- W3C compliance
- Supporting more than 50 different languagesin frontend and backend
- A detailed manual is available in several languages in our Online Manual
....and many more small features we have left out so be sure to visit our online demo.
On top of that third-party modules are available to connect LimeSurvey to
Possible areas of application
Basically you can use Limesurvey for any type of data collection. Here are a few examples of how our users use Limesurvey:
- Ordinary marketing surveys
- Psychological tests
- Customer satisfaction surveys after buying from an online shop
- General data collection for example by phone at call centers
- Quality management (inter alia in the field)
- Query of candidate qualifications
- Order Form for Product Samples
- Invitation management for events ("I come with X people, we would like to eat Y and Z need overnight accommodations)
- Theory test for Driving School
- Review of lectures at universities
- Event tool like for college fests
Interested? You want to get started right away?
Still not sure ?
Take a sneak peek at our demo to see what LimeSurvey can do for you!
Download LimeSurvey 2.05+
This is our latest stable release. We recommended that users of all previous versions upgrade to this latest version. Please read the release notes (see bottom of the download page) carefully as some major changes have been made!
Installation/upgrade instructions are available in the online manual in the chapter about upgrading from a previous version.
To tailor LimeSurvey further to your needs, the following additional downloads are available:
Using the upload-feature you can also contribute your files to the community, too.
A limited selection of older versions is still available in our files section. We recommend not to use those for production environments as the newest versions will always include better security than the previous ones.
If you'd like to see a working survey, please fill out our own survey. This survey is being run on LimeSurvey version 2.05+.
Stable v2.05+ Demo
We've made a v2.05+ demonstration version available for you to get a feel of this product.
Please be polite and don't abuse the demo. Some critical functions (like mail sending or modifying security settings) have been disabled.