The personal network study as implemented in the attached .lss file consists of four parts: Name generator questions, Name interpreter questions, Eliciting alteri-alteri relations
• Name generator input fields show up one after another. This may mitigate heaping effects that occur when a certain number of input fields is visible.
• For name generators it is checked whether the same name was entered in another NG field (also across name generators)
• For name generators it is also checked whether respondent typed a “,” or “;” which often indicates the misunderstanding of entering several persons in one text field.
• Alteri elicited are sampled in order to apply name interpreters to reduce respondent’s burden. The number of sampled alteri can be specified.
• Once the respondent passes the name generator section she is no longer able to edit, delete, or add responses to the NG. An according hint is given.
• Name interpreter and alteri-alteri relation questions are only displayed for sampled alteri. I.e. if a respondent enters only five names NI and alteri-alteri relations are only displayed for these five persons.
• Slider enables an analogous scale for closeness (bar initially hidden)
• Translations in English and German (except ego related questions)