Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:

THEMA: Character limit on token attribute field?

Character limit on token attribute field? 11 Monate 5 Tage her #107014

• ChacoKevy
  • ChacoKevys Avatar
  • Junior Lime
Hi there,
Got this error when uploading tokens:
Internal Server Error

CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[22001]: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]String or binary data would be truncated.

An internal error occurred while the Web server was processing your request. Please contact the webmaster to report this problem.

Thank you.

Now, I know where in my .csv the error is occurring, but I'd like for it to stop. Is it a LS restriction on how many characters I can upload to the token attribute fields or one put on LS by my DB admin? Not sure where to start.
Thanks!
-CK
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

Character limit on token attribute field? 11 Monate 4 Tage her #107017

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 430
What is the length of your tokens?

What did you set in "Set token length to:" (General settings --> Tokens)?
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Character limit on token attribute field? 11 Monate 4 Tage her #107018

• ChacoKevy
  • ChacoKevys Avatar
  • Junior Lime
15, but it's not an issue with the token length in the URL. It's the number of characters within an attribute field when uploading a .csv to the token table. Specifically, attribute_5 crashes the upload when it sometimes carries what appears to be an entire paragraph of text.

Character limit on token attribute field? 11 Monate 4 Tage her #107021

• holch
  • holchs Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 430
Well, I don't think that the token attributes were supposed to contain an entire paragraph of text. I can imagine that the limit is 256 characters, but I am not sure. Maybe one of the developers chan give you more info.

And it seems like you use a Microsoft SQL server? Might be a problem with that too. There have been some issues with MS SQL before, I think.
Have a look at the manual! It is a really valuable source for information. Here some helpful links:
Manual (EN) | Question Types | Question Attributes | Workarounds

If you found this answer helpful and it saved you some time please consider a donation to the project to keep Limesurvey going!

Character limit on token attribute field? 11 Monate 4 Tage her #107035

• DenisChenu
  • DenisChenus Avatar
  • Moderator Lime
  • Dank erhalten: 925
Hi,

If you can confirm the CDbCommand error with the last version, please put a bug report with the CSV of token to be uploaded and a lsa file for the token table.

Denis
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.143 Sekunden
Donation Image