Willkommen, Gast
Benutzername: Passwort: Angemeldet bleiben:
  • Seite:

THEMA: how to use ranking type question answer in other question?

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 6 Monate 1 Woche her #100642

• limesun
  • limesuns Avatar
add one ranking type question,with 5 items:a,b,c,d,e.
suppose participant rank item a as the first, item e as the sencond.then i need to use the ranking result in other question:
you rank a as the first, rank e as the second
the problem is: i have no idea how to do it.
Der Administrator hat öffentliche Schreibrechte deaktiviert.

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 6 Monate 2 Tage her #100749

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
  • Dank erhalten: 683
If the ranking question code is "rank1", then try this:

you rank {rank1_1.shown} as the first, rank {rank1_2.shown} as the second...
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 6 Monate 1 Tag her #100786

• limesun
  • limesuns Avatar
the key problem is how to get{first},{second}

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 6 Monate 1 Tag her #100803

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Did you try it? Those expressions will give the first ranked and second ranked items.
Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

LimeSurvey is open-source and run entirely by volunteers so please consider donating to support the project.

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 5 Monate 2 Wochen her #101156

• mikuhrs
  • mikuhrss Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello there,

I have an additional question regarding this topic:

After a ranking question, I want to use a the top ranked fruit name (e. g. "apple") in the next question: "Why do you like apple?".

Unfortunately, what I get is an error (s. attachment).

Any ideas what went wrong?

Thanks in advance an best regards

Michael
Anhang:

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 5 Monate 2 Wochen her #101158

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
What is the question code of your ranking type question?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 5 Monate 2 Wochen her #101159

• mikuhrs
  • mikuhrss Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello Tony,

the question code is "Auswahl" (it is in question 2644).

Best regards

Michael
Letzte Änderung: 5 Monate 2 Wochen her von mikuhrs. Begründung: typo

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 5 Monate 2 Wochen her #101160

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Then this should work:

{Auswahl_1.shown}
Cheers,
Tony Partner

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 3 Monate 3 Tage her #103508

• MarcellavZ
  • MarcellavZs Avatar
  • Fresh Lemon
Hello Tony,

I have a follow-up question on the question ascribed above. I also want to use a answer in the text of the next question. It's a multiple choice question with the option 'other'. Participants need to choose what kind of snack they eat the most and than i want to know what kind of snack specific they eat. I tried the solution you described but when I try it I only see the 'equation' surrounded by thick red lines. The answer isn't coming up in the text. What am I doing wrong? The code of the question is 'gs'.

Thanks!

how to use ranking type question answer in other question? 3 Monate 3 Tage her #103510

• tpartner
  • tpartners Avatar
  • LimeSurvey Team
Can you attach a small sample survey?
Cheers,
Tony Partner

• Seite:
Moderatoren: ITEd
Ladezeit der Seite: 0.232 Sekunden
Donation Image