Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Extra text column in array question format

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #148275 by tk92
Hello All,

I am new to Limesurvey and I am quite a dummy. I have to make a questionnaire for a company and it is coming along very well, but the last question is quite complicated. I have to make this (see picture):

[img

It is in Dutch, but the goal of this question is to let people choose between the left or the right option. The main problem is, that I cannot make an extra text column and in an array question. I can only add text on the left side of the array, and this makes really a mess.

It would be great if the second option can be added between the two choice options. Does anyone have a clue if this is possible and willing to help me out? Thank you so much in advance!!

Kind regards,
Thomas
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by holch. Reason: Deleted unnecessary link.
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #148276 by tk92
I added the picture that should have been in the first message, but the forum didn't let me :) This is what I get right now..

[img
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by holch. Reason: Deleted unnecessary link.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 month ago #148281 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Extra text column in array question format
I would use the semantic differential approach with radio buttons: manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Array (have a look at the semantic differential example).

To get the left text and the right text, separate them with the pipe symbol "|".

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: tk92
  • tpartner
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #148300 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Extra text column in array question format
Why bother with the array if the answers for separate rows are unrelated?

A series of simple list-radio questions should do the trick and will behave much better on mobile devices.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by tpartner.
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #148309 by tk92
Thank you both for your answers, I really appreciate your help!

The Semantic Differential option is doing the trick! It is looking like this right now:

[img

This is okay, but it would be perfect if I could make the space for the subquestions a bit larger, so it would fit in one line. This will look a bit better I guess... Does anyone have an idea about that?

Thank you very much again for your help!

Regards,
Thomas
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by holch.
  • holch
More
7 years 1 month ago #148319 by holch
Would you please refrain from posting links to Postimg? I see this as forum spam and deleted all links so far, but I would appreciate if you just don't post the link under the picture in the first place. Here a screenshot what I am referring to.

It is enough to post the image. You could actually just upload it to the forum without posting it to postimg.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

More
7 years 1 month ago #148325 by tk92
Sorry about that, I have absolutely no idea where they are coming from, probably due to the free image hosting. Will take a look at that next time.

Cheers,
Thomas
  • holch
More
7 years 1 month ago #148335 by holch
No problem, I also guessed that it came from the image host. And your question was too specific and sophisticated to be spam. But then, those forum spammers are getting better all the time. ;-)

• DenisChenu
More
7 years 1 month ago #148341 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Extra text column in array question format
On this page : Privacy Badger [url] report 4 possible trackers : on is font.google the 3 other are postimg.

Privacy badger block google font : this website seems to track me some proof are done, but don't block postimg : no proof of tracking.
Who is the real spammer ?

PS : still : it's better to use Forum posted image or a really clean image upload system ( lut.im/ for example).[/url]

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose