Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to display assessment results

• eleren
  • eleren's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago #116342 by eleren
How to display assessment results was created by eleren
The manual says that "the assessments only show on the final "completed" page after submitting a survey. "

But where can I edit that page? How can I add the necessary placeholders to display the results?
I tried to add {PERC} and {TOTAL} to the end message (editlocalsettings) of my survey, but nothing happens.

I would like to display the results of group 1, group 2 and the total.

Is there a sample survey I could use for inspiration?
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 3 months ago #116350 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic How to display assessment results
Hi,

Assesments text result are done on "Assessments" management adminpage. Look at the manual : manual.limesurvey.org/Assessments#Define_assessment_rules

This text are added before the default thanks page.

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #116352 by fransmarcelissen
Replied by fransmarcelissen on topic How to display assessment results
Is there any reason for using assessments, now you can do everything (and much more and easier) with EM? I never used assessments, but I have the impression that assessments are supported since 2.0 only for compatibility reasons with old surveys.
Frans
  • tpartner
More
9 years 3 months ago #116358 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic How to display assessment results
Hi Frans, I agree that assessments can mostly be replaced by Expression Manager but I still periodically find them useful to augment EM with the Qcode.value variable.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • eleren
More
9 years 2 months ago #116397 by eleren
Replied by eleren on topic How to display assessment results
For me EM isn't that easy though…
I try to figure out the following scenario:
1. I managed to calculate the assessment values of a number of array questions = equation type question
2. If the score <= n1 I would like to show question 2a, if score is > n1 && < n2 I'ld show question 2b, if > n2 I would like to show question 3b.
Can you put me on track?
Much appreciated!
  • tpartner
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #116425 by tpartner
If you are using a basic array with question code "q1" and sub-question codes "SQ001, SQ002, SQ003, SQ004, SQ005", then the equation for the assessment "score" for q1 would be:

Code:
{sum(that.q1.sq_SQ001.value, that.q1.sq_SQ002.value, that.q1.sq_SQ003.value, that.q1.sq_SQ004.value, that.q1.sq_SQ005.value)}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by tpartner.
The following user(s) said Thank You: eleren
  • eleren
More
9 years 2 months ago #116429 by eleren
Replied by eleren on topic How to display assessment results
Got that, thanks! I managed to calculate a score = part 1 of my question.

And now for the second part of my question: how to show conditional feedback according to the score one got?
If the score <= n1 I would like to show question 2a, if score is > n1 && < n2 I'ld show question 2b, if > n2 I would like to show question 3b.
I suppose I need a relevance equation for questions 2a, 2b and 2c?
More
7 years 5 months ago #143876 by bdeprez
Replied by bdeprez on topic How to display assessment results
I have the same question - completing the 'Assessment rules' does not deliver the end result on the page...

I have looked at using EM which is something I could probably figure out, but for others using LS it may be a bridge too far. And it would be great if they could use standard functionality. Too bad the result cannot be stored in the database...

Also, I think I found a bug in the system... When adding 'answer options' in the question (when assessments have been turned on), the newly added line only shows 2 fields - the 'assessment' field is missing... You need to save the answer options and then reopen for the field to appear.

Thanks!
Bernard
Attachments:
  • tpartner
More
7 years 5 months ago #143890 by tpartner
Regarding your first point, you can file a feature request.

Regarding your first point, please file a bug report.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
7 years 5 months ago #143917 by bdeprez
Hi Tony,

thank you for the response - I will raise a bug report for the second one.

Re the first one - I thought the display of the results was a standard functionality of the Assessments - am I wrong? (from the manual: "because the assessments only show on the final "completed" page after submitting a survey.") - should I raise another bug report for that one?

Re the save in database - here you're correct, perhaps that would be a new feature request.

Thanks,
Bernard.
  • tpartner
More
7 years 5 months ago #143959 by tpartner
Note that you can use Expression Manager to load assessment values into equation type questions - Qcode.value - manual.limesurvey.org/Expression_Manager#Access_to_Variables

You can also use Expression Manager to display conditional text to show your own assessments report anywhere in the survey.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

More
7 years 5 months ago #144221 by bdeprez
Bug report raised for the first issue: 11884

Re the assessment results - I think I need to do some more digging to see if the 'completed' page still has the reference to the 'assessment results'.
Any further ideas would definitely help - the EM solution will be one step too far for a non-tech user, I'm afraid...

Cheers,
B.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose